Senior Manager, Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1903330/001
Date posted 16 February 2023kuala-lumpur legal/property 2023-03-21 2023-04-17 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Legal job for their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
About the Senior Manager, Legal Role:
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for rendering all range of legal advice and support to the group and management pertaining to a wide range of legal, contractual and/or operational matters as well as ensuring the continuous growth of the legal team and company.
- Preparing, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and/or advising on all transactional legal documents/agreements, especially those relating to commercial arrangements involving the group, project management, land acquisitions, construction contracts, tenancy agreements, etc.
- Managing dispute resolution portfolio involving the group of companies and supervising junior team members working on this portfolio
- Reviewing and/or updating, as and when necessary, the policies and procedures for group legal to ensure proper and efficient management of the group’s legal matters and for mitigation of any legal and compliance risk as well as preparing the necessary reports and legal updates for consideration of senior management/board of directors
- Liaising, coordinating and working with external parties such as lawyers and other advisers on preparation of briefs and all relevant legal documents in connection with the dispute resolution portfolio as well as representing the group in various legal/corporate exercises undertaken by or in which the group and/or its subsidiaries or related companies
- Observing and always complying with all acts, laws, articles of associations, rules and regulations pertaining to and/or affecting the company’s business and be conversant with all statutory updates (where required) as may be introduced thereto. Be familiar with and be able to update the management on current acts, laws, rules and regulations and all other statutory modifications and re-enactments, if any
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Legal role, you need to have a minimum of 10 years' PQE coupled with the ability to work effectively, independently and as a team player.
- Degree in Law (LL.B) from a reputable university and admitted to Malaysian Bar
- Good knowledge and understanding of construction and/or corporate laws and has experience in handling dispute resolution/litigation matters
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous, and able to go the extra mile in terms of workload and deliver in tight deadlines
The successful Senior Manager, Legal will join a Group whose expertise has made them the leader in their respective fields. This reputable organisation offers a great working environment with wide exposure and a variety of work.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and growing its business.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7087
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 March 2023A Senior Legal Counsel (IB) job has become available, responsible for delivering strategic advice and solutions, managing legal risks as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents in respect of the bank’s DCM/stock-broking businesses.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 March 2023An established mid-sized law firm is seeking a Partner to join its corporate practice group. The firm has grown steadily and significantly since it’s inception and this role is for someone who would like to take their role as a Partner to greater heights.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 March 2023This leading technology enabler providing integrated solutions and services to help businesses across a variety of industries improve performance and profit is now seeking to recruit a high-calibre candidate for a Corporate Legal Counsel job to be based at their Petaling Jaya office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 31 January 2023An exciting AVP/VP, Legal job has just become available in one of the nation's premier investment holding company with an outstanding international reputation based in KL. Reporting directly to the SVP/HOD, Legal, this is a role which provides substantial regional and international exposure.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 February 2023This professional services firm in the business of providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions is keen to onboard a Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific to be part of the Global Privacy Office. In this job, you will provide practical advice on privacy and data protection risks.