Real Estate - Legal Associate
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veryne Lim
Job Ref 1881380/001
Date posted 29 December 2022kuala-lumpur legal/property 2022-12-29 2023-02-27 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Real Estate - Legal Associate job has become available at a reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to significant growth over the years.
About the Real Estate - Legal Associate Role:
This role is essential to the continuous growth of the real estate practice of the firm and is for a real estate lawyer with a practice focusing on corporate real estate.
- Support the real estate/corporate commercial practice groups on legal works relating to real estate transactions
- Prepare and draft legal documentation in relation to real estate transactions including financing documents for housing developments, conducting legal research, performing legal due diligence and providing legal and regulatory advice relating to laws and regulations relating to Malaysian land matters
- Offer practical advice for establishing and structuring the appropriate holding vehicles, securitisation, and indirect acquisition by way of equity and joint ventures
- Provide guidance on various ancillary issues, such as obtaining approvals for property development and regulatory compliance as well as assisting with real estate-related documentation, such as hotel management agreements, technical services agreements, development agreements and other related agreements
- Provide complete legal support for real estate activities, including corporate and tax advice
To succeed in this Real Estate - Legal Associate role, you must have the tenacity and drive to excel and pursue a long-term career in practice and grow with the firm.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya, two to four years of PQE obtained in a corporate or real estate practice of a law firm in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore
- Strong academic achievements with no less than 2:1 obtained for the Bachelor of Laws, LL.B/equivalent from a reputable university
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- Meticulous and efficient at complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work under a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the conveyancing practices with good knowledge in real estate matters including the National Land Code
- Familiarity with the drafting/reviewing of real estate related contracts and related documents such as sale and purchase agreements, lease/ tenancy agreement and deeds of assignment
- Knowledge on project development and financing, mergers and acquisitions/corporate commercial work is preferred
The associate will work closely with other practice groups within the firm on matters involving real estate. This firm would be the stepping stone towards greater career progression.
If you are seeking an excellent opportunity to be part of a highly ranked real estate team that works on complex domestic transactions and cross-border transactions, this Real Estate - Legal Associate role is for you.
Apply now or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on this role.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 December 2022A reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur is recruiting forfor a Real Estate - Legal Associate job due to significant growth over the years.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 December 2022A professional institution which provides, amongst others, professional services in enhancing corporate governance and corporate directors’ ecosystems/landscapes is currently seeking a high-calibre AVP, Company Secretary and Compliance. In this job, you will join the organisation based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 17 January 2023An innovative investment company with diversified interests in energy, infrastructure, IT and construction and property development is currently seeking a Legal & Corporate Manager. In this job, you will join its legal and corporate department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 January 2023A reputable and established company is now looking for a high calibre candidate for a Manager - Compliance job to advise, strategise, and implement its compliance regime in support of its commercial vehicle import and distribution business arm. This Manager - Compliance role reports directly to the Chief of Business and is based in Selangor, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 January 2023An exciting Legal Associate (International Banking & Finance) job has become available at an international law firm whose regional headquarters are based in Kuala Lumpur. Due to strong business growth and expansion plans, the firm is hiring a junior lawyer to work with both local and international clients on transactions involving non-Malaysian law.