Manager/Senior Manager, Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1859620/001
Date posted 20 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/property 2022-11-18 2022-12-19 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
About the Manager/Senior Manager, Legal Role:
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible in rendering all range of legal advice and support to the group and management pertaining to a wide range of legal, contractual and/or operational matters as well as ensuring the continuous growth of the legal team and company.
- Preparing, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and/or advising on all transactional legal documents/agreements, especially those relating to commercial arrangements involving the group, project management, land acquisitions, construction contracts, tenancy agreements, etc.
- Managing dispute resolution portfolio involving the group of companies and supervising junior team members working on this portfolio
- Reviewing and/or updating, as and when necessary, the policies and procedures for group legal to ensure proper and efficient management of the group’s legal matters and for mitigation of any legal and compliance risk as well as preparing the necessary reports and legal updates for consideration of senior management/Board of Directors
- Liaising, coordinating and working with external parties such as lawyers and other advisers on preparation of briefs and all relevant legal documents in connection with the dispute resolution portfolio as well as representing the group in various legal/corporate exercises undertaken by or in which the group and/or its subsidiaries or related companies
- Observing and always complying with all acts, laws, articles of associations, rules and regulations pertaining to and/or affecting the company’s business and be conversant with all statutory updates (where required) as may be introduced thereto. Be familiar with and be able to update the management on current acts, laws, rules and regulations and all other statutory modifications and re-enactments, if any
To succeed in this role, you must have at least even years of PQE coupled with the ability to work effectively, independently and a team player.
- A degree in Law (LL.B) from a reputable university and admitted to Malaysian Bar
- Good knowledge and understanding of construction and/or corporate laws and has experience in handling dispute resolution/litigation matters
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous, and able to go the extra mile in terms of workload and deliver in tight deadlines
The successful Manager/Senior Manager, Legal will join a group whose expertise has made them the leader in their respective fields. This reputable organisation offers a great working environment with wide exposure and a variety of work.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this Manager/Senior Manager, Legal role is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and growing its business.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022A Legal Counsel job has become available at a leading international financial institution to support in a strategy role to develop the legal service delivery model and a best-in-class legal operational approach to the team’s global legal activity together with the adoption of legal technology.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.