Legal and Compliance Counsel
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1851750/001
Date posted 20 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/property 2022-10-20 2022-12-19 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Legal and Compliance Counsel job has become available at one of the reputable and leading companies specialising in construction and logistic businesses in Klang Valley.
About the Legal and Compliance Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Head of Business, you will play a critical role in rendering all range of legal and compliance support to the company’s business in Malaysia as well as a vital role to drive the company’s success and further developments.
- Handling and/or assisting in acquisitions of land matters (e.g. term sheets, sale and purchase agreements), development transactions (e.g. letters of award, construction contracts, etc.) agreements for lease, consultant agreements, NDAs, and other commercial agreements
- Working with the treasury team and external legal counsel on project debt arrangements, supporting the investment management team in relation to ad hoc questions on fund documentation and various issues that relate to the company’s fund as well as providing ad hoc advice to the asset management team in relation to property management matters including lease renewal and variations, repair and maintenance issues and insolvency/default matters
- Rendering support to the development team in relation to managing the legal workstream associated with an industrial development including liaising with external counsel to prepare and negotiate engagements with contractors and technical consultants, answering ad hoc questions on development documents and various issues that relate to development activities
- Managing/handling compliance/regulatory requirements across the business relating to private equity fund management, real estate and Syariah compliance requirements, monitoring compliance with licensing obligations and managing applications for new licenses/registrations
- Preparing compliance board reports and briefing senior stakeholders on emerging compliance matters, overseeing internal investigations and the compliance aspects of audits as well as putting in place and updating compliance policies and procedure and providing training on the same
- Providing company secretarial support for entities within the company’s business and liaising with external company secretarial as required as well as managing external legal firms such as obtaining quotes for new matters and managing the external law firms to ensure they perform within the terms of the quote; ensuring appropriate sign-offs and confirmations are received from external law firms
To succeed in this Legal and Compliance Counsel role, you need to have minimum of five years' PQE coupled with the ability to work effectively and independently.
- Law degree with relevant working experience (e.g. in a real estate transactional role) and experience in development and front-end construction matters will be viewed as an advantage
- Strong relationship building, rapport building and communication skills and stakeholder engagement, exceptional accuracy, and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
The successful Legal and Compliance Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their respective fields. This reputable organisation offers a great working environment with wide exposure and a variety of work.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and growing its business.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022A Legal Counsel job has become available at a leading international financial institution to support in a strategy role to develop the legal service delivery model and a best-in-class legal operational approach to the team’s global legal activity together with the adoption of legal technology.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022One of the leading export houses in Malaysia with diversified business areas - manufacturing, trading and marketing of consumer products as well as shipping and logistics services is currently seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join the headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur.