Legal Associate, Construction Litigation
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1860200/001
Date posted 13 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/private-practice 2022-10-13 2022-12-12 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Legal Associate, Construction Litigation job has become available.
About the Legal Associate, Construction Litigation Role:
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Legal Associate, Construction Litigation will assist in end-to-end substantial legal work and craft comprehensive legal solutions ranging from strategic and preventive advice as well as litigation strategies.
- Assist, draft and prepare all cause papers in relation to construction disputes whether through court, adjudication, or arbitration proceedings
- Conduct meetings, trials, arbitration hearings and other court matters.
- Assist in matter management and liaise with clients on facts and documents
- All other responsibilities part and parcel of the scope of work of a litigation legal associate as and when required, such as conducting research and attending to clients
To succeed in this Legal Associate, Construction Litigation role you must have the tenacity and drive to excel and pursue a long-term career in practice and grow with the firm.
- Minimum of two to four years of post-qualification experience in the construction practice area
- Good academic background (second class and above)
- Strong interest and experience in construction arbitration and dispute resolution
- Strong grasp of the law (legal concepts and technical knowledge), and familiarity with court, adjudication and arbitration procedures (especially in oil & gas, power and construction disputes) and recent/landmark case law authorities
- Sound judgement and able to think on the go
- Exceptional proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken
- Well organised, meticulous with the highest attention to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks
- Committed, industrious and driven with strong sense of accountability
- Excellent work ethics, able to work under pressure independently with minimal supervision, good organisational skills and able to prioritise workload
The culture is demanding, but if you are diligent and have the willingness to learn with a strong sense of initiative, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is very focused in growing and training talents to deliver top quality legal service and standards.
If you want to develop an outstanding competence in legal skills, build a firm foundation for legal practice and be exposed to interested and challenging work, this Legal Associate, Construction Litigation role is the one for you.
Click Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 December 2022A Finance & Project - Legal Associate job has become available at an established and renowned law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to ongoing, continued success and significant growth over the years. The Legal Associate will be based in its Kuala Lumpur office and will be working in a team consisting of outstanding partners and associates.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022The firm’s core area of expertise is in construction litigation, and they have been consecutively ranked in Legal 500 Asia Pacific since 2018. They are looking for a passionate and qualified candidate for an Legal Associate, Construction job to contribute to the firm’s strengthening practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 December 2022This growing and nimble law firm is recruiting for a Associate, Corporate job to be part of an engaging and dynamic environment with a broad range of challenging and multi-faceted work, allowing it’s associates to hone both technical excellence and commercial acumen.