Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1806000/001
Date posted 21 May 2022kuala-lumpur legal/private-practice 2022-05-23 2022-07-20 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to strong business growth and expansion plans, this reputable international law firm is aiming to strengthen their corporate legal team by hiring junior to mid-level legal consultants to work with international clients on numerous transactions.
About the Legal Consultant Role:
This is a great opportunity for a junior to mid-level legal professional looking to gain international and cross-border exposure in their legal career early on. You will be given the opportunity to work with the firm’s international teams, particularly with the headquarters based in the United Kingdom.
- Rendering various legal services and legal technology to clients, mostly consist of international private equity firms as well as attending and responding to client requests
- Drafting, preparing, and vetting various corporate and/or commercial agreements / contracts such as NDAs, creating organisational documents, as well as participating in negotiation of contracts and other commercial material agreements
- Handling and managing all range of legal work with regards to corporate matters and working closely with the HQ on a variety of corporate and transactional matters
- Providing extensive assistance with regards to compliance programmes, automatisation projects and ancillary tasks such as generating of annual reports
- Rendering legal and corporate advice and/or consultation to clients by conducting/performing extensive legal research and keeping abreast with all relevant legislations
To succeed in this Legal Consultant role, you must be driven, focused, independent, and dynamic.
- L.B degree holder with a minimum second upper from reputable law schools and admitted to the UK/Malaysian Bar
- Two to three years of PQE with experience in top-tier corporate legal firms. Additional experience with drafting and negotiating NDAs would be highly desired
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Sound technical knowledge of the legalities and commercial considerations arising in corporate and contractual structures, corporate and commercial transactions, and the ability to operate independently in taking on substantial work in these areas
- Flexible with mobility and willing to work on assignments with good computer skills that include MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Self-starter, reliable and willing to work as part of an international team
This international law firm can be considered as the “new-law” law firm offering its clients a combination of legal services and legal technology. They have presence is several jurisdictions with the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a progressive legal professional with a can-do attitude, this Legal Consultant role is an excellent opportunity to work with this dynamic international law firm that will drive your career forward and upwards.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022One of the region’s well-established insurance provider which provides a wide range of insurance products and services including personal automobile, home owner, property, general liability and reinsurance is currently seeking a high-calibre Head, Legal & Co Sec. In this job, you will join its dynamic office based in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre and talented candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal job in their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022An exciting Legal Manager job has just become available at one of the leading international tobacco companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 June 2022A Malaysian conglomerate with diverse business interests from resource management to oil palm plantation, property development and automotive business in various countries globally is now seeking a high-calibre General Counsel, Legal. In this job, you will lead the group in its next phase of growth.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 June 2022A well-known and reputable online marketplace and retail company is seeking a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job in Kuala Lumpur to support the company’s business which is ever growing.