Associate - Employment
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-17 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
An established and reputable law firm is now seeking and recruiting an Associate - Employment to join their practice group. Due to the significant growth achieved over the years, this law firm is looking to strengthen its practice group / department. The Associate - Employment will be working in a team of outstanding associates and will be reporting to the supervising partner.
About the Associate – Employment Role
Due to excellent results and as well as growth and development plans, the Associate - Employment will play a critical role in the firm’s continued development and success in its office based in Kuala Lumpur.
- Handling and assisting a wide range of legal work arising from or relating to employment matters, amongst others include employment compliance, unfair dismissal claims, negotiated exits and termination of employment
- Preparing, drafting, reviewing and advising on employment contracts and attendant agreements, employment-related issues in mergers & acquisitions (M&A), data privacy, immigration, anti-corruption and general commercial work including legal due diligence and drafting / review of transaction documents in the context of M&A
- Drafting and reviewing of various commercial contracts and rendering legal and regulatory advice relating to laws and regulations affecting major sectors of the Malaysian economy
- Providing extensive consultation, client management and other support to the reporting Partners and teammates in the firm, as and when required
To succeed in this role, you must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in law (LL.B) and called to the Malaysian Bar. Other key requirements include but not limited to:
- At least 1 to 3 years of post-admission experience
- Post admission working experience obtained at a corporate, commercial or real estate practice of a major commercial law firm in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, London or Hong Kong
- Possesses strong knowledge in PDPA / Employment relevant experience is preferred
- Possesses strong verbal and drafting skills in English. Proficiency in verbal and drafting skills in Mandarin is an added advantage
- Possess an outgoing personality who is willing to travel and leadership qualities with clear demonstration of ability to work in a team and displays leadership skills as well as a team player who is committed and leadership qualities.
This is a great opportunity for a junior and/or mid-level legal professional who hungers to take his/her career to the next level with a reputable and upstanding law firm in Malaysia. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and the autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Associate – Employment role.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C