Associate/Senior Associate, Banking & Finance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 12 April 20192019-04-12 2019-06-11 legal Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An excellent Associate/Senior Associate, Banking & Finance job has become available at an international law firm whose regional headquarters are based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Associate/Senior Associate, Banking & Finance Role:
Due to strong business growth and expansion plans, the firm plans to strengthen their banking team by hiring a mid-level lawyer to work with both local and international clients on transactions involving non-Malaysian law.
- Providing legal consultation to clients by conducting extensive research and keeping abreast with case developments
- Providing extensive consultation, client management and other support to other Partners/Managing Partner in the firm, as and when required
- Active and direct participation in negotiation of contracts and other commercial material agreements within and/or related to the financial services industry
- Supervising and guiding junior member(s) of the Banking & Finance practice group
To succeed in this role, you will need to be driven, ambitious and possess leadership qualities.
- LL.B degree holder with a minimum second upper and admitted to the Malaysian Bar
- Five to seven years of PQE in the Banking & Finance Department of a specialist medium or large law firm in Malaysia
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents for cross-border financing transactions
- Experience in dealing with APLMA / LMA documentation
- Flexible with mobility and willing to work on assignments in any of the firm's international offices
- Self-starter, reliable and willing to work as part of an international team
This international law firm is much more than just legal services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
This is a great opportunity to for a mid-level lawyer looking to gain international and cross-border exposure in their legal career early on and he/she will be given the opportunity to work with the firm’s local and international teams, particularly with the Gulf and London offices, with potential opportunities for secondments.
If you are a progressive legal professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with a pioneer international law firm in Malaysia that will drive your career forward and upwards.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C