Lawyer/Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 12 April 20192019-04-12 2019-06-11 legal Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 108000 156000 156000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting Lawyer/Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions job has become available at an international law firm whose regional headquarters are based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Lawyer/Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions Role:
Due to strong business growth and expansion plans, the Laywer/Associate role will help the firm strengthen their corporate legal team to support both local and international clients on transactions involving non-Malaysian law.
- Drafting, reviewing and preparing various corporate agreements / contracts as well as participating in negotiation of contracts and other commercial material agreements
- Handling and managing all range of legal work with regards to corporate matters and mergers & acquisition
- Providing extensive consultation, client management and other support to the Partner, as and when required
- Rendering legal and corporate advice and/or consultation to clients by conducting extensive research and keeping abreast with all relevant legislation
To succeed in this role, you will need to be driven, focused, independent and dynamic.
- LL.B degree holder with a minimum second upper and admitted to the Malaysian Bar
- Two to four years of PQE in private equity and M&A work
- Experience in top-tier corporate and M&A legal firms will be an added advantage
- Sound technical knowledge of the legalities and commercial considerations arising in corporate and contractual structures, corporate and commercial transactions, projects, and the ability to operate independently in taking on substantial work in these areas
- Flexible with mobility and willing to work on assignments in any of the firm's international offices
- Self-starter, reliable and willing to work as part of an international team
This international law firm is much more than just legal services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
This is a great opportunity to for a junior lawyer looking to gain international and cross-border exposure in their legal career early on and he/she will be given the opportunity to work with the firm’s local and international teams, particularly with the Gulf and London offices, and potential opportunities for secondments.
If you are a progressive legal professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with a pioneer international law firm in Malaysia that will drive your career forward and upwards.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C