SA/AM, Legal & Corporate Governance
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Tracy Tan
Date posted 02 March 2019 2019-03-022019-05-01 legal Petaling Jaya MY MYR 60000 96000 96000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A unique job opportunity has just become available at one of the most respected Big Four accountancy firms. The role is a a newly created hybrid legal role. Your main responsibility is to service various clients of the firms in relation to legal, corporate secretarial, corporate governance and corporate constitutional matters.
About the SA/AM, Legal & Corporate Governance Role
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the SA/AM, Legal & Corporate Governance will play a key role in the firm’s long-term strategy in diversifying its business and working towards providing better well-rounded services to its clientele.
- Leading engagements involving the design of governance frameworks for public-listed companies and large non-listed entities.
- Supporting the delivery of high quality and timely outputs in board advisory and governance engagements which typically revolve around the following areas:
- Facilitate the alteration of a company’s constitution;
- Facilitate the drafting of Directors’ service contracts;
- Perform diagnostic reviews and assessment for compliance with legislation and regulations;
- Facilitate the drafting of corporate governance disclosures;
- Design, review and enhancement of governance documents for clarity of roles and responsibilities of Board and Senior Management. These include charters, terms of references, policies and procedures;
- Facilitate the exercise of Board effectiveness evaluation; and
- Facilitate the review of Directors’ remuneration
- Lead efforts in bench-marking, qualitative and quantitative analyses for the preparation of impactful thought leadership publications that could be practically applied.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to deliver effective, high quality and timely outputs, you will be support the Governance team in various board advisory and governance engagements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law and/or Corporate Secretarial Studies
- Candidates called to the Bar or licensed as a Company Secretary will possess an added advantage
- Two to three years' experience in corporate governance, corporate secretarial or compliance
- Possesses good knowledge of both local and global corporate governance regulations/standards/guidelines (Companies Act 2016, Bursa Listing Requirements, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance, for e.g.)
- Ability to work in a high-performance team, contribute effectively to project deliverables and engage with clients in a convincing manner
This international accountancy firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you possess a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting hybrid legal role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C