Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 15 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-14 legal Petaling Jaya MY MYR 120000 192000 192000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
Due to excellent results and expansion plans, an established global animal health company which has been in the industry for more than 50 years has a Legal Counsel job that has just arisen. The role will be the firm's first legal hire in Malaysia, to be based in their Petaling Jaya Office.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
As a Legal Counsel, you will play a vital role in assisting and handling various commercial legal matters of various regions, amongst others include, Malaysia, APAC and the United States. Reporting to the Global Legal Operations Leader, you will be responsible for providing strategic and operational legal assistance with regards to a broad range of legal affairs.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and preparing various commercial matters, e.g. distribution, service, agency, license, manufacturing and supply, procurement, confidentiality, material transfer, research agreements etc. as well as templates and term sheets for standard contracts
- Handling ancillary contractual matters such as amendments, terminations and extension of existing contracts / agreements
- Reviewing promotional and educational materials in view of compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assisting in the design and implementation of an automated contract management system that facilitates access to and use of templates, digital execution of contracts and storing and sharing of executed contracts and other documents as well as a knowledge management system
- Assisting business and other legal functions on, as necessary, regulatory, HR legal, litigation, data privacy, records retention, corporate legal and transactional matters
- Attending to any other tasks as designated by supervisor
To succeed in this role, you should possess legal experience in pharmaceutical, animal health industry, food industry or other consumer oriented or regulated industry. Additional private practice experience is also preferable.
- Bachelor's degree in Law with at least five years' legal working experience
- High level of English fluency (both written and spoken)
- Well versed with providing strategic advice and possesses leadership skills, including the ability to persuade and influence decision‐making, pragmatic, solution-oriented attitude
- Self-motivated, hard-working, detail-minded, clear thinker, quick learner, team player and ability to work independently under pressure with minimum supervision as well as a strong team player skills and attitude
- Possesses sound business acumen and commercial awareness and practically-oriented, ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively, ability to provide solution-oriented legal advice as well as has experience in international business and commercial transactions
- Clear capability to collaborate cross‐functionally and within legal function, in the context of both supervisory and non‐supervisory relationships
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with outstanding career progression opportunities.
If you enjoy working in global and dynamic environment where constant development and progression abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a globally recognised and respected company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C