Associate Legal Counsel
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Due to expansion plan and growth of the company, this leading multichannel medical and healthcare information services provider which produces a wide range of professional media is expanding its legal team which is now seeking to recruit a high calibre Associate Legal Counsel to be based at their Petaling Jaya office.
About the Associate Legal Counsel Role
Reporting to the Regional Legal Counsel, you will manage and assist in the day to day legal and regulatory affairs of the company. You will also play a key role in the company’s Legal Department’s continued development and success.
- Drafting, advising, negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements, e.g. services agreement, license agreement, distribution agreement, NDA etc as well as developing and/or updating template agreements
- Rendering advice and opinion in relation to legal and compliance issues as well as providing legal and secretarial advice on the administration of the company
- Acting as inhouse legal advisor for the current as well as new / upcoming businesses of the company, primarily in Malaysia, India, UAE and Philippines
- Conducting legal trainings to various business units / departments on the application of laws, regulations and internal policies as well as conducting legal research to keep the management abreast of applicable laws and legislation
- Assisting in contract management, e.g. circulation of documents for signature and managing and updating contract files
To succeed in this Associate Legal Counsel role, you will need to have the following traits and qualifications
- LL.B with at least five years of relevant professional legal experience. International exposure and experience of working in a MNC is preferred and will be considered as an added advantage
- Possesses strong command of English (both written and spoken) as well as strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Possesses sound knowledge of fundamental principles of contract laws and company laws
- Ability to anticipate business and legal issues proactively and to bring expert advice and problem-solving skills as well as ensuring risks are identified ahead of time and proper actions are implemented
- Possesses good critical thinking, creative problem-solving abilities and pragmatic / business-oriented approach to legal issues
- A team-player with good team spirit and who is able to work independently
- Driven, proactive, organised, resourceful with the ability to deliver jobs within tight schedules and to work under pressure
The successful Associate Legal Counsel will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised organisation offers a great and dynamic working environment with loads of exposure and learning opportunities.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and growing its various business functions.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125