Contract/Procurement, Legal Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1905710/001
Date posted 20 February 2023kuala-lumpur legal/other 2023-02-21 2023-04-21 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Contract/Procurement, Legal Specialist job has become available at a financial institution that needs no introduction.
About the Contract/Procurement, Legal Specialist role:
Reporting to the Head, Procurement, you are required to deliver strategic advice and solutions, managing legal risks as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents in respect of the bank’s corporate services function, amongst other ancillary work. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience/exposure to a fast-paced work environment and other countries where the bank is present.
- Implement and manage end-to-end procurement arrangements with vendors which includes drafting, negotiation and finalisation of contracts with suppliers as per the business team’s requirements, preferably using bank templates and key terms
- Review of contracts and related documents
- Advise business teams on contract terms, risk and impact, where applicable
- Manage post-contract governance as well as to ensure contract management processes and contract templates are properly documented and in compliance with regulatory norms/ensure audit readiness
To succeed in this role, you must have at least seven years’ experience in corporate law, managing procurement portfolio in leadership/mid-managerial positions.
- Degree in law and a qualified advocate and solicitor in Malaysia
- Problem solver and strategic in thinking with strong analytical skills
- Solid hands-on transactional experience and the ability to draft, review and negotiate procurement and IT contracts, familiar with end-to-end processes for procurement/outsourcing will be viewed favourably
- Strong ability to identify legal risks, review and enhance documentation and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about constant improvement and innovation
- Self-motivated individual with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Expertise and experience in handling IT contracts is an advantage
This financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and international coverage, they have won numerous awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution places a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Contract/Procurement, Legal Specialist job.
Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me further for a confidential discussion.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7055
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 March 2023As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader in the insurance industry is seeking a Senior Legal Manager/Manager. In this job, you join the legal department to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 March 2023One of the reputable and well-established international banks is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for an Assistant Vice President, Legal job based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 March 2023An organisation providing seamless corporate services for businesses in Malaysia and Asia is currently seeking an SM/M/AM, Corporate Secretarial. In this job, you will join its corporate secretarial department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 February 2023An Assistant Manager, Company Secretary job has become available at an established financial institution which provides comprehensive financial services in corporate finance, trade finance, forex and derivatives, cash management, Islamic finance and advisory.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 February 2023As a result of ongoing success and developments, this leading and reputable conglomerate with diversified business areas is currently seeking a high-calibre and talented Assistant Vice President (AVP), Legal. In this job, you will join and be a part of their dynamic team.