Assistant Manager/Manager - Company Secretarial
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veryne Lim
Job Ref 1897490/001
Date posted 09 February 2023kuala-lumpur legal/other 2023-02-16 2023-04-10 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An industry leading retail company with businesses in some of the fastest growing, vibrant economies globally is recruiting for an Assistant Manager/Manager - Company Secretarial job to assist in the company secretarial department.
About the Assistant Manager/Manager - Company Secretarial Role:
Your role will be to ensure that operations and functions of the company are delivered effectively and efficiently and be able to drive and manage productive and professional regulatory relationships with various stakeholders.
- Act as the official liaison secretary for secretaryship of the Board Oversight Committees and provide advice to promote corporate governance and best practices
- Provide in-house secretarial services in managing and administering secretarial practices and corporate secretarial requirements in accordance with applicable rules and regulations
- Provide assistance in arranging and monitoring board & management level training and meetings
- Prepared agenda papers, minutes, and action items Circular Resolutions for Board/Committee Meetings and Shareholders' Meetings (AGM & EGM)
- Prepare pre and post board of director's meetings, general and internal management meetings, and the meeting documents and papers with timely generation of meeting minutes and circular resolutions
- Ensure compliance with company’s constitution, joint venture and shareholder agreement as well as other relevant laws and regulations
- Manage and maintain statutory records/ resolutions/minutes registers regarding all company secretarial matters for approvals and safekeeping
- Preparation of necessary documents for certification and manage the lodgement of statutory forms, returns and documents with the Companies Commission of Malaysia, Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and Securities Commission within stipulated deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with the Companies Act, Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad Listing Requirements and other relevant regulatory requirements, as well as keeping up to date with regulatory or statutory changes
- Assume responsibility of any other assigned ad hoc duties from time to time
To succeed in this Assistant Manager/Manager - Company Secretarial role, you will need to be professional, analytical, and practical, have clarity of thought, and be persuasive with good interpersonal skills to be able to work co-operatively with the management as well as across departments.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, professional degree, master’s degree in either law, corporate secretarial, corporate administration, corporate governance or equivalent. Professional secretarial qualification/license holder ICSA graduate or MAICSA associate, or LS holder is preferred
- Minimum of five years of working experience in the corporate secretarial field from either external corporate secretarial firms or in-house (PLC exposure and retail sector experience are favourable but not compulsory)
- Technical knowledge on the relevant statutory laws and company secretarial best practices and guidelines
- Well versed in Companies Act 2016, Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance, Bursa Malaysia’s Main Market Listing Requirements and Corporate Governance Guide, Securities Commission Malaysia guidelines and other related laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and writing skills with a high degree of integrity and good command of English, both verbal and written, proficiency in Mandarin is favourable but not compulsory
This company needs no introduction and is well established in its industry. This company provides support to people and corporations with their noble company mission.
If you are confident, driven to take the next step in your career, this Assistant Manager/Manager - Company Secretarial role is for you and the potential rewards are significant.
Click Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more on this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7058
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 March 2023One of the reputable and well-established international banks is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for an Assistant Vice President, Legal job based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 February 2023An Assistant Manager, Company Secretary job has become available at an established financial institution which provides comprehensive financial services in corporate finance, trade finance, forex and derivatives, cash management, Islamic finance and advisory.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 February 2023As a result of ongoing success and developments, this leading and reputable conglomerate with diversified business areas is currently seeking a high-calibre and talented Assistant Vice President (AVP), Legal. In this job, you will join and be a part of their dynamic team.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 February 2023A Legal Associate (Corporate) job has become available at an international affiliated law firm in Kuala Lumpur for its corporate division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 March 2023As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader in the insurance industry is seeking a Senior Legal Manager/Manager. In this job, you join the legal department to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.