Senior Manager, Legal & Governance
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1890340/001
Date posted 12 January 2023shah-alam legal/other 2023-01-12 2023-03-13 legal Selangor MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Senior Manager, Legal & Governance job is now available at an independent grant-making foundation with the aim of creating greater impact that complements the development of Malaysia into a globally competitive nation with a focus on pressing community, social, and environmental issues in Malaysia.
About the Senior Manager, Legal & Governance Role:
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Support Services role, the successful Senior Manager, Legal & Governance will support the foundation across all legal, corporate secretarial and governance affairs.
- Draft, review, vet all agreements, policies, notices, and to improve on the foundation’s templates, as well as to render legal advice and conduct legal research in respect of legal issues, including contractual, employment, corporate governance, regulatory/compliance, and keeping the foundation abreast on applicable legislative and regulatory updates
- Provide corporate secretarial support including reviewing and drafting of minutes of meetings, resolutions, board papers, safekeeping of confidential documentation
- Oversee and continuously improve the foundation’s internal and external processes and systems to ensure due compliance with applicable laws and to provide training to internal stakeholders and employees whenever required in relation to legal and governance
- Proactively and independently liaise with external legal counsel, external corporate secretaries, and/or authorities and to keep the management regularly updated
- Play an active role in advising and strategising with the management to address risks and to promote the smooth implementations of projects and processes of the foundation
- Manage other tasks that may be delegated from time to time by the Head of Corporate Support Services
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Legal & Governance role, you must be solutions-driven, commercially savvy and possess well-rounded skills set across legal, compliance and corporate governance.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya with no less than eight years of PQE including private legal practice and in-house legal work experience
- Experience handling a wide range of corporate secretarial duties across different types of organisations (MAICSA/ICSA qualifications is an advantage)
- Experienced in drafting and reviewing corporate documents and commercial contracts, advising on grant-making, risks, and compliance, as well as creating templates, systems, and processes
- Experienced in managing stakeholders, attending to management meetings and rendering effective commercial and legal advice during such meetings
- Strong communication skills, adaptable, and able to work with people of various backgrounds
- A self-starter with high level of integrity and who enjoys a diverse work culture, independent, meticulous, and organised
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. They are very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards and is committed to diversity in its work culture.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Senior Manager, Legal & Governance role is right for you.
Apply now or send me an e-mail at email@example.com to have a confidential discussion on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C