Legal Counsel (Asia)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1889970/001
Date posted 06 January 2023kuala-lumpur legal/other 2023-01-27 2023-03-07 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
In light of their expansion plan, one of the world’s largest foreign exchange companies is currently looking to recruit a talented candidate for a Legal Counsel (Asia) job based in the Malaysia head office in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Legal Counsel (Asia) Role:
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for assisting in the provision of legal services to, and overview of legal issues in the Asia Region (e.g. Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.) and play a vital role in ensuring the continuous development and success of the legal team and the company.
- Preparing, drafting, reviewing and/or negotiating contracts relating to all aspects of the company’s business in the region
- Rendering legal and company secretarial services to the business operations as well as assistance in mergers and acquisitions and other transactional matters, if any
- Working closely with, advising and/or supporting the regional compliance and regulatory team to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory compliance and licensing requirements as well as group policies and procedures in the region, e.g., providing advice with respect to legal requirements relating to the provision of financial services, privacy, trade practices, corporations and companies law and anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing. This includes assisting with the preparation and maintenance of product disclosure Statements, Financial Services Guides, and any other required disclosure documents
- Working closely with, advising and/or supporting the HR team including advising on various employment related matters for the region, the Marketing team including advising on various marketing collateral and promotional material for the region, senior management across the Group on legal issues in Asia and external counsel engaged by company to manage various matters in the region
- Providing advice to the business with the implementation of new products and businesses, preparing monthly and quarterly management reports with respect to legal matters, as required, as well as keeping abreast of legislative developments and their potential impact on the business units and operations
- Assisting the Senior Legal Counsel with corporate matters and company secretarial matters in the region on an as and when needed basis and with other legal counsels, if required
To succeed in this Legal Counsel (Asia) role, you will need to able to work effectively, a good team player as well as have strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s of Law (LL.B) with at least three years' relevant legal experience, preferably with experience in providing corporate legal advice, handling company secretarial work and stakeholders and shareholders management
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to speak and write Chinese is viewed as an added advantage
- Good academic record, familiarity with general legal and regulatory concepts, experience in drafting, vetting, and negotiating corporate commercial agreements, ability to apply legal skills in a commercial environment in order to provide solutions to the business which satisfy both legal and commercial needs and to work on own or as part of a team
- Self-motivated and the ability to balance various competing priorities and to meet urgent deadlines
This organisation is a well-established company with strong presence and has a huge business success.
If you are seeking a challenging environment to grow your career, this is the role for you. This Legal Counsel (Asia) role is an excellent opportunity to work with a reputable brand that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 January 2023A well-established oil and gas corporation is currently seeking a capable Manager/Assistant Manager, Legal to join their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.