Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1885430/001
Date posted 15 December 2022petaling-jaya legal/other 2022-12-15 2023-02-13 real-estate-and-property Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
One of the region’s leading investment holding company is seeking a Legal Counsel engaged in the oil palm and real estate industries to lead the group in its next phase of growth.
About this Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Group Head, Legal, you are required to render legal support to the group as well as providing commercial and general corporate legal and transactional advice, as and when required.
- Be involved in all aspects of real estate investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fund-raising, financing, shareholders agreements, project financing, corporate advisory and special corporate transactions for stakeholders with material interests in the sector
- Provide commercially astute advice and make commercially savvy decisions to the Group
- Collaborate with other business units to devise efficient defence strategies
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the interests of the Group are protected
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Perform various tasks related to legal matters, as and when required by the hiring manager
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you would need to have at least four years of corporate/commercial experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) from an established university
- must have experience working at either a large international law firm or in-house legal department at an established organisation
- Strong expertise in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for commercial transactions. Candidates with strong disputes, construction and exposure to real estate matters will be viewed favourably
- Adept at legal research, analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Able to effectively set and manage expectations with various business stakeholders
Since its inception, this established organisation has seen unprecedented growth and has become one of the leading investment holding company within the region. This global business has created a highly-profitable business since its inception and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel job.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 02 February 2023A Legal & Corporate Manager job has become available at an innovative investment company with diversified interests in energy, infrastructure, IT and construction and property development, to join its legal and corporate department.