AVP, Company Secretary and Compliance
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1881130/001
Date posted 06 December 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2023-01-27 2023-02-04 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A professional institution which provides, amongst others, professional services in enhancing corporate governance and corporate directors’ ecosystems/landscapes is currently seeking a high-calibre AVP, Company Secretary and Compliance. In this job, you will join the organisation based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the AVP, Company Secretary and Compliance Role:
In this vital role, you will be responsible for managing and/or handling all range of corporate secretarial as well as compliance matters to ensure continuous growth and success of the secretarial department and the company’s business.
- Managing corporate secretarial matters in compliance with the Companies Act 2016, adoption of Main Market Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, if required, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance, SSM regulations, and other statutory requirements, in ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and guidelines including listing requirements, if required
- Organising, coordinating, and attending Board, Board Committee, and Annual General Meetings including preparation of agenda, board papers, circular resolutions, reports, and timely preparation of minutes
- Liaising and coordinating with the relevant authorities, external company secretarial firm, external legal advisers, and internal/external audit function, as required from time to time as well as assisting in the preparation of report
- Managing, handling, assisting and/or overseeing all statutory, regulatory, and internal audit matters, statutory audits for year-end, drafting of the relevant reports, non–financial compliance requirements, follow up on action plans for any outstanding audit issues, etc.
- Rendering support in integrity related matters and work closely with the internal Integrity Officer and undertaking ad hoc assignments from time to time, if any
To succeed in this role, you would need to able to work independently, effectively and possess good command of English language (excellent English drafting skills).
- ICSA qualified and member of MAICSA or a Licensed Secretary (legal background would be an advantage) with at least five years of secretarial working experience in a corporate office environment, preferably in a listed entity
- Familiar with regulatory requirements such as the Companies Act 2016, Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirement, corporate secretarial practice, and other related statutory and regulatory requirements
- Good knowledge of and exposure to board meeting management, circular resolution preparation, and general meetings with good writing and communication skills, able to work independently and deliver results within the stipulated time as well as proficient in English
- A high level of professionalism with a systematic work approach and organisational skills, proactive and resourceful
The successful AVP, Company Secretary and Compliance will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record, this job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values progressive mindset.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 17 January 2023An innovative investment company with diversified interests in energy, infrastructure, IT and construction and property development is currently seeking a Legal & Corporate Manager. In this job, you will join its legal and corporate department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 January 2023A reputable and established company is now looking for a high calibre candidate for a Manager - Compliance job to advise, strategise, and implement its compliance regime in support of its commercial vehicle import and distribution business arm. This Manager - Compliance role reports directly to the Chief of Business and is based in Selangor, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 January 2023An exciting Legal Associate (International Banking & Finance) job has become available at an international law firm whose regional headquarters are based in Kuala Lumpur. Due to strong business growth and expansion plans, the firm is hiring a junior lawyer to work with both local and international clients on transactions involving non-Malaysian law.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 January 2023Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre candidate for an Investment Governance, Consultant role. In this job, you will oversee investment governance, investment control, training and development, and incident reporting.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 December 2022A Real Estate - Legal Associate job has become available at a reputable law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to significant growth over the years.