Group Corporate Services, Head
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1877860/001
Date posted 25 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-11-25 2023-01-24 consultancy Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Group Corporate Services, Head job has just become available at a global business service provider based in Malaysia. This MSC status organisation is well known for its corporate stability and career progression opportunities and is constantly looking at how work processes can be automated to improve performance, eliminate human errors and most importantly free up manpower for value added work.
About the Group Corporate Services, Head Role:
Reporting to the Head, Global Business Services/VP, Legal (SG), you will be responsible together with other members of the group, for supporting the day-to-day legal and compliance needs of the business of the group and its customers globally.
- Act as key contact person for all compliance and legal functions performed by the group and its customers
- Provide compliance and legal advice to cater to the operational needs of the group and its customers including but not limited to IT, purchasing, finance, HR, or logistics
- Prepare, review, negotiate and finalise contracts (such as construction, procurement, sales, technology licence and lease agreements and other legal documents to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations within the relevant jurisdictions and protect the interests of the group
- Provide corporate secretarial services for Malaysian and offshore entities in compliance with Malaysian Companies Act 2016 and relevant offshore legislations including without limitation:(a) drafting of board/shareholder resolutions, agenda and minutes of board/shareholder meetings
- Perform KYC/compliance work, both for KYC due diligence to be done in respect of customers of the group and its customers (“Customer Due Diligence”) and responding to requests for KYC due diligence to be done
To succeed in this role, you would need to have at least 15 years of PQE and above in advising on corporate and commercial law at either law firms or in corporate environments with cross jurisdictional exposure.
- Bachelor's degree in Law from a reputable university and ideally admitted to the roll of advocates and/or solicitors of a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Experience working at both law firms and in corporate environments with cross-jurisdictional exposure is an advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of corporate and commercial law as well as strong communication and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Practical and solution driven, balancing legal issues against commercial requirements in the performance of assigned duties and tasks as well as able to work independently and under tight deadlines
The successful Group Corporate Services, Head will join a group whose expertise has made them the leader in their respective fields. This reputable organisation offers a great working environment with wide exposure and a variety of work.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and growing its business.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 November 2022An excellent Group Legal & Company Secretary job has just arisen at one of the leading investment holding companies based in Kuala Lumpur. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.