Legal and Compliance Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veryne Lim
Job Ref 1876370/001
Date posted 23 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-11-23 2023-01-22 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
About the Legal and Compliance Manager Role:
Reporting to the Country Head, the successful Legal and Compliance Manager will play a pivotal role in spearheading the legal and compliance regime of the company.
- Drafting and reviewing of various agreements/contracts, and other legal transactional documents including, but not limited to, lease and tenancy agreement, partnerships agreement, facilities maintenance agreement, etc.
- Render accurate and succinct corporate and commercial legal advice to the company and across various departments and business units
- Review, enhance/improve and where necessary, create and implement such policies, guidelines, processes in relation to compliance framework, including data privacy/PDPA, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption (AML/ABAC), Bank Negara Malaysia’s rules and regulations, employment, and labour laws, as based on the culture and business needs of the company and its stakeholders
- Proactively set up and provide training to internal stakeholders in relation to legal and compliance regimes
- Advising the top management on all legal and compliance issues, including corporate governance, commercial transactions and negotiations
- Managing and supervising external stakeholders and third parties including regulators and authorities, external legal counsel as required by the needs of the company
To succeed in this Legal and Compliance Manager role, you must be passionate about legal and compliance and be driven to spearhead the same within a progressive organisation with international footprints.
- PQE of no less than eight years, with a blend of private legal practice and in-house legal work experience (preferably but not compulsory). Experience working in F&B/retail industry is an added advantage
- Independent and proactive, with comfortable with being a sole contributor role
- Strong interpersonal skills and people oriented
- Passionate, self-assured, driven, organised, and a clear communicator
This F&B venture is an international recognised brand. It has an outstanding international reputation, and is anything but traditional.
If you have a successful track record in legal and compliance and enjoy working and taking on new challenges in an exciting F&B business with international footprints, this Legal and Compliance Manager role is for you.
Click Apply now or send me an e-mail at email@example.com for a confidential chat on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022A Legal Counsel job has become available at a leading international financial institution to support in a strategy role to develop the legal service delivery model and a best-in-class legal operational approach to the team’s global legal activity together with the adoption of legal technology.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022One of the leading export houses in Malaysia with diversified business areas - manufacturing, trading and marketing of consumer products as well as shipping and logistics services is currently seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join the headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 November 2022A VP, Legal Counsel (DCM/Derivatives) job has become available, responsible for delivering the highest quality of legal service. You will also play a vital role in providing the direction for all things legal-related, including drafting agreements and rendering legal advice and support to various business units.