Legal Manager, SEA
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1875230/001
Date posted 18 November 2022petaling-jaya legal/other 2022-11-18 2023-01-17 legal Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the largest multinational fast-moving consumer goods companies is currently seeking a high-calibre candidate for a Legal Manager, SEA job in their legal team at their Selangor office.
About the Legal Manager, SEA Role:
Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will be responsible for managing and/or rendering support on all range of legal and contractual matters across SEA, working with key stakeholders and business units and play a vital role in ensuring the continuous growth and success of the company.
- Rendering legal advice and support to the sales and distribution team across SEA (e.g. Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, and Vietnam) and other export markets
- Drafting, reviewing and/or amending various contracts such as distribution agreements, trading terms, e-commerce partnerships, subscriptions, products licensing deals and providing pragmatic legal advice
- Providing legal support to marketing teams, reviewing proposed marketing campaign mechanics, content, artwork, and packaging reviews, conducting IP and trademark clearance as well as supporting e-commerce activities
- Reviewing and structuring intercompany transactions for sale of goods and shared services across the region
- Managing some corporate secretarial matters for entities in SEA, working with the global teams for the proper documentation of capital/equity injections, declaration of dividends, repatriation of profits to head office, conducting board meetings and passing board resolutions, ensuring annual filing and registers of entities are updated
To succeed in this Legal Manager, SEA role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with various commercial and business departments within the organisation, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) with at least five years' relevant experience. Experience working in multiple jurisdictions and/or with specialisation in brand laws is viewed as an added advantage
- Strong influencing and alignment skills and courage to develop relationships with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, finance, regulatory, etc.) and excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Sound judgement in interpreting the commercial risks vs business benefits and has strong business understanding
- Proactive, analytical with strategic mindset and able to work collaboratively
The successful Legal Manager, SEA will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with outstanding career progression opportunities.
If you enjoy working in fast-paced environment where constant change and development abounds, this is the role for you. This Legal Manager, SEA role is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C