Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1868870/001
Date posted 01 November 2022shah-alam legal/other 2022-11-01 2022-12-31 pharmaceuticals Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading healthcare/pharma services MNC is seeking a high-calibre Legal Counsel to join and grow with the organisation. This is a regional role with a direct reporting line to the Deputy General Counsel who is based in Singapore.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
You will be expected to work independently and remotely wearing the hat of a solo contributor and to work collaboratively as part of a highly efficient and proactive legal team which consistently provide practical and first-rate legal solutions, to support the clinical trials division of the company.
- Render practical, succinct, and commercially sound legal advice including but without limitation to ensuring the company’s due compliance with primary and secondary legislations, regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the relevant authorities which this pharmaceutical company deals with and reports to, employment related issues, leasing, financing, IP, data privacy and confidentiality
- Negotiate with counterparts and act as a key liaison as between internal stakeholders and clients/customers, and ensure timely review and approval/reconciliation of variations, as well as participate in, or lead ad hoc projects and implementation including but without limitation to joint ventures, partnerships, digitisation/sustainability
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide spectrum of contracts such as but without limitation to distribution agreements, logistics agreements, supply/services agreements, marketing agreements with the view of closing of contracts timeously as well as preparing reports, analysis, training materials and conducting training for legal and non-legal stakeholders of the company
- Proactively and independently liaise with the company’s external counsel with respect to ensuing and/or ongoing legal disputes, including debt recovery, contractual disputes, and enforcement of IP rights, with the view of providing effective and speedy resolutions to such disputes
- Provide administrative and corporate secretarial support and such other ancillary assistance which may arise from time to time as based on the needs of the group including but without limitation to proper filing and maintenance of contracts, master list and contracts repository
- Assist the Deputy General Counsel (SG) in such other ancillary/administrative matters as and when required and to perform the responsibilities stipulated above with the view of working harmoniously with internal stakeholders (such as SVP, GC, legal and compliance team members, commercial and business development teams, operations, IT, HR) and external stakeholders (such as clients, sponsors, investors, vendors and suppliers) and to work in consonant with the agendas and commercial needs of the company, to ensure seamless implementation/execution of projects, processes, and solutions strictly within prescribed timelines
To succeed in this role, you must be capable of working independently and efficiently, possess strong legal foundation with strong commercial and business acumen.
- Admitted to the High Court of Malaya and possesses a combination of private practice and in-house work experience, preferably a minimum of four years of PQE from private practice (corporate/commercial experience) and no less than two years of in-house legal work experience)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong time management skills to ensure strict compliance with timelines/deadlines
- Experienced in contract management including negotiation of commercial contracts (experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare, clinical trials, supply chain and logistics related work is an advantage)
- Proactive, disciplined, independent with a flexible mindset to consistently provide a commercially viable solution to enable the realisation of the agendas of the company and experienced in internal and external stakeholder management on a multi-jurisdictional level
- Strong organisational skills, detail-oriented and meticulous with excellent interpersonal and people management skills in the context of a corporate and commercial setting to expand/maintain internal and external business relationships
- Skilled in drafting and reviewing of multiple commercial contracts, able to provide succinct and accurate verbal and written legal opinions within a short turnaround time and possesses strong proficiency in written and spoken English (second language is an advantage)
This healthcare/pharma services MNC is set to provide ample career growth opportunities to a first-rate and motivated legal solution-provider who meets the above requirements.
This Legal Counsel role is for you should you wish to grow with and contribute to this renowned and progressive healthcare/pharma services MNC with a strong presence in Asia Pacific and if you have an appetite to rise to such challenges faced by an in-house legal/solo contributor on a multi-jurisdictional level.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com for a confidential chat to discuss on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C