VP, Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1857050/001
Date posted 01 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-11-01 2022-12-31 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-known and reputable financial institution is currently seeking a high-calibre VP, Company Secretary. In this job, you will join their esteemed organisation based in KL.
About the VP, Company Secretary Role:
Reporting to the Head, Company Secretary, you will act as a trusted advisor to senior management and board of directors of the company’s businesses, subsidiaries, and affiliates in Malaysia, rendering a wide spectrum of corporate secretarial as well as providing corporate governance support.
- Manage and organise board and board committee meetings, drafting, and preparing board and board committee minutes, circular resolutions and relevant board papers, rendering advice on governance matters requiring board attention and to directors on their legal duties and onboard governance practices
- Provide advice and support on organising and implementing director orientation and continuing education as well as on regulatory requirements
- Promote and drive consistent standards for legal entity governance that support the firm’s strategic objectives
- Render advice, support, training and/or guidance to amongst others, directors, senior management, and legal entities on corporate secretarial matters in accordance with internal model and standards, corporate governance matters, including in relation to relevant laws and regulations, governance practices and legal entity management as well as resolution and recovery plan related matters and other local, regional and global projects, as appropriate
- Provide advice on company law and corporate governance matters, inter-affiliate service agreements and managing certain regulatory filings, corporate procedures, and record retention, as relates to governance matters as well as maintaining corporate records and certifications
To succeed in this role, you would need to be able to work independently, effectively and showcase strong leadership qualities.
- Qualified member of the Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, Malaysian Bar, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries or Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants with at least 10 years of relevant company secretarial and corporate governance experience
- Candidates with relevant work experience garnered from financial institutions will be viewed favourably
- Excellent minute writing and drafting, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, experience in regulatory reporting/filing and the ability to work as a collaborative and proactive member of a team
- Meticulous, organised and takes pride in your work
The successful VP, Company Secretary will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking financial institution that values progressive growth mindset.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 November 2022A VP, Legal Counsel (DCM/Derivatives) job has become available, responsible for delivering the highest quality of legal service. You will also play a vital role in providing the direction for all things legal-related, including drafting agreements and rendering legal advice and support to various business units.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.