Group Legal & Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 1829890/001
Date posted 01 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-11-01 2022-12-31 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Group Legal & Company Secretary job has just arisen at one of the leading investment holding companies based in Kuala Lumpur. Your main responsibility is to support a large, complex business unit with a regional remit.
About the Group Legal & Company Secretary Role:
In this critical role, you will play a pivotal role in the legal team’s continued development and success in its Kuala Lumpur office and will be reporting to the Group MD, based in MY.
- Handle various matters and render support to the operations and business teams on structuring of the acquisition and disposal of real estate, fund raising, merger and joint venture projects as well as advisory on compliance with the laws and regulatory requirements governing the business of the company’s businesses in Malaysia
- Structure transactions, manage external counsel and render general legal advice, amongst others including cross-border legal support to various business and functions as well as attending to any legal, risk and compliance issues that may arise from time to time
- Lead and manage the legal and secretariat team, which includes but and not limited to overseeing and reviewing the respective managers and executives’ work
- Manage and review contractual documents and litigation matters which have been managed by the team and which requires critical decisions
- Ensure all legal and secretariat obligations pertaining to the group are met at all times and provide necessary information within the compliance requirements during internal audits and external audits/enquiries by the authorities/regulators
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned/directed by Group MD, as and when required
- Develop, maintain, establish and/or ensure close and productive working relationships between team members and key departments, professional standards within the team, integrity of all systems and reports and good team discipline
- Lead, provide guidance, supervise, monitor and delegate tasks to subordinates as well as assess their performance
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with both the internal and external stakeholders, across borders and internal matrix.
- LL.B holder with minimum of 15 years of both legal and corporate secretarial experience. Called to the Malaysian Bar and/or experience in a Malaysia corporation/public listed company is an advantage
- Well exposed to corporate law practice, transactional M&A and corporate secretarial experience gained from private practice and/or as an in-house counsel
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines, policies and operating processes pertaining to securities governed by the Securities Commission Malaysia and Bursa Malaysia
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical written, communication, leadership and people management skills and ability to interact with all levels, good team player, ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, flexible and result-oriented in approach, proven ability to be able to prioritise and manage multiple projects and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Since its inception, this established organisation has seen unprecedented growth and has become one of the leading investment holding companies within the region. This global business has created a highly profitable business since its inception and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Group Legal & Company Secretary role.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Group Corporate Services, Head job has just become available at a global business service provider based in Malaysia. This MSC status organisation is well known for its corporate stability and career progression opportunities and is constantly looking at how work processes can be automated to improve performance, eliminate human errors and most importantly free up manpower for value added work.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.