Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1859170/001
Date posted 20 October 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-10-20 2022-12-19 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An internationally renowned organisation with diverse partners and/or stakeholders which include, but are not limited to, manufacturing companies, commodity companies, NGOs, etc. is now looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Legal Counsel job to be based in their office in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the successful Legal Counsel will be responsible for all legal affairs of the organisation and to ensure compliance with the organisation’s governing rules and structures, across multiple jurisdictions including Asia, Europe, Africa, the USA and Latin America.
- Advising the Chief Finance Officer, the Board of Governors, and such other internal stakeholders of the organisation in relation to all legal, compliance, risks mitigation issues
- Drafting and reviewing of cross-border agreements, policies, rules as well as regulations
- Advising in relation to employment law, anti-trust law, corporate governance rules and intellectual property
- Advising and creating compliance structures including PDPA, AMLA, ABAC, and implementing the same across different jurisdictions
- Create, maintain and improve contract banks and processes
- Lead cross-border negotiations for various commercial transactions and projects
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you must be confident as a sole legal contributor, must have good stakeholder management experience and are able to work independently and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya with no less than 10 years of legal work experience, with a focus on in-house legal settings and/or MNCs (experience working as a legal counsel supporting APAC/SEA is an added advantage)
- Solid legal research skills and able to render advice in a clear, concise manner
- Experience in compliance including PDPA, AMLA and ABAC, and in setting up processes and systems including contract banks and policies
- Readiness to travel and multilingual
- Strong stakeholder management experience and communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to lead and adapt to changing circumstances, and to undertake complex negotiations
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to people, planet and prosperity is not just a statement, but what they passionately believe in.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Legal Counsel role is an excellent opportunity for you to work with an industry leader with a successful track record.
Click Apply Now or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022A Legal Counsel job has become available at a leading international financial institution to support in a strategy role to develop the legal service delivery model and a best-in-class legal operational approach to the team’s global legal activity together with the adoption of legal technology.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022One of the leading export houses in Malaysia with diversified business areas - manufacturing, trading and marketing of consumer products as well as shipping and logistics services is currently seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join the headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur.