Group Company Secretary
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1854770/001
Date posted 21 September 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-09-29 2022-11-20 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a result of ongoing and continued success within the group, a leading conglomerate with diversified businesses is seeking an experienced Group Company Secretary. In this job, you will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Group Company Secretary Role:
Reporting to the Chairman of the Group, this Group Company Secretary role will play a key role in the organisation’s continued development and success.
- Prepare/review all corporate secretarial documents in relation to the group (e.g. resolutions, announcements, statutory documents)
- Prepare Annual General Meeting (AGM)/Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) minutes
- Provide guidance and consultation to operating units, other departments, and divisional company secretaries in the group and liaise with the group legal in drafting out preliminary review of agreements as and when necessary
- Review of board papers for approval of the Board and Board Committees
- Lead and coach subordinates to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of results/tasks
- Co-manage projects (e.g. restructuring, acquisitions, disposals takeovers, listings, investigations, liquidations)
To succeed in this Group Company Secretary role, you should have strong communication skills and stakeholder management experience as well as substantial experience in leading a team.
- Qualified ICSA/MAICSA with no less than 18 years of corporate secretarial experience, including significant experience in leading a corporate secretarial department in a public listed company
- Substantial experience/involvement in corporate exercises and strong familiarity with the Main Market Listing Requirements and in liaising with regulators/authorities
- Organised, meticulous with an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management experience
- Experienced in supervising and managing a team
- Able to work independently and proactive in decision-making/advising in the interest of the group
This group needs no introduction and is an established and reputable conglomerate in Malaysia.
This Group Company Secretary role is for you if you have a thirst for a lead corporate secretarial role in an established conglomerate with the opportunity to be involved in various corporate transactions.
Apply now or send me an e-mail at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022A leading global industrial gases and engineering company is seeking an Associate Senior Counsel. In this job, you will support the company’s business activities in the SEA region from a legal, corporate secretarial and compliance perspective.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 September 2022An exciting Legal Counsel job with a leading and reputable market leader within the consumer goods industry has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022One of the reputable and leading companies specialising in construction and logistic businesses is now seeking a high -calibre candidate for a Legal and Compliance Counsel job in Klang Valley.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022One of the leading insurance providers is seeking a Head of Legal & Secretarial, dual-qualified with admission to the Malaysian Bar as well as a company secretarial license. In this job, you will take the lead role over the legal and corporate affairs teams and support the business in these functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 September 2022One of the leading investment holding companies with diversified businesses is now seeking a high-calibre and experienced SM, Legal to join their legal team based in Kuala Lumpur. In this job, you will continuously meet and exceed the demands and expectations of the group’s fast-growing business.