Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1849040/001
Date posted 20 September 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-09-20 2022-11-19 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Legal Counsel job with a leading and reputable market leader within the consumer goods industry has just become available.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
The Legal Counsel role will play a vital and critical role in managing and/or handling various legal matters as well as supporting the General Counsel/Head of Legal in business integrity matters and to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Preparing, drafting and/or reviewing various contracts/agreements, rendering accurate, practical and timely legal advice to different business units/partners, identifying risk and providing mitigation for on various legal areas/topics which include but not limited to contracts, competition law, anti-bribery, data privacy, employment and labour law, intellectual property (IP), tax and customs, consumer laws, marketing regulations, company law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, etc.
- Rendering assistance to the General Counsel in evaluating and advising on different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations, the application of effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues, in internal investigations for reported non-compliance including taking any further necessary next steps as well as in managing strategies and plans to support the business goals
- Providing advice to business units on marketing claims and regulatory compliance for all product categories as well as developing and implementing internal corporate policies and procedures to meet local regulatory needs
- Preparing materials, training, and educating business partners on internal policies, areas of law such as competition law, data privacy and business integrity (code of conduct) as well as keeping abreast of legal developments and providing advice on the potential impact of these developments on the business.
- Managing IP and brand protection matters, pre- and post-litigation matters, support the implementation and transition of legal projects (including tech and simplification projects)
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust, coordinating with external company secretaries to ensure timely submission of statutory documents and preparation of resolutions as well as liaising with and/or managing external counsels
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you must have the ability to work effectively, a team player, a problem solver, commercially minded who has strong business acumen and is able to provide practical and sound legal advice.
- Bachelor of Laws with at least seven years of PQE with prior in-house experience, preferably from the same/similar industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, and analytical skills with the ability to communicate and deal with the different levels of the organisation across functions, including senior management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse multicultural team with a team player attitude, respectful and collaborative, think on your feet, manage ambiguity and the changing priorities of a fast-moving business.
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022One of the reputable and leading companies specialising in construction and logistic businesses is now seeking a high -calibre candidate for a Legal and Compliance Counsel job in Klang Valley.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022One of the leading insurance providers is seeking a Head of Legal & Secretarial, dual-qualified with admission to the Malaysian Bar as well as a company secretarial license. In this job, you will take the lead role over the legal and corporate affairs teams and support the business in these functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 September 2022One of the leading investment holding companies with diversified businesses is now seeking a high-calibre and experienced SM, Legal to join their legal team based in Kuala Lumpur. In this job, you will continuously meet and exceed the demands and expectations of the group’s fast-growing business.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022As a result of ongoing and continued success within the group, a leading conglomerate with diversified businesses is seeking an experienced Group Company Secretary. In this job, you will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022A leading global industrial gases and engineering company is seeking an Associate Senior Counsel. In this job, you will support the company’s business activities in the SEA region from a legal, corporate secretarial and compliance perspective.