Manager of Legal Affairs - Asia
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1847490/001
Date posted 04 September 2022penang legal/other 2022-09-08 2022-11-03 legal Asia > Malaysia > Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to rapid expansion of the company’s businesses, a Manager of Legal Affairs - Asia job based in Penang, Malaysia has opened up. This regional legal role sits in an MNC whose brand needs no introduction.
About this Manager of Legal Affairs – Asia Role:
Reporting to the General Counsel, Legal, USA, this Manager of Legal Affairs – Asia role will pioneer the legal space in the company’s Malaysia office and will play a pivotal role in providing high quality regional legal support to the businesses/functions be it domestically or internationally across Asia.
- Draft and review a variety of corporate/commercial agreements including but without limitation to sales agreements, supply agreements, services agreements, NDAs, procurement contracts
- Render accurate and succinct legal advice to the company’s stakeholders, be it within Malaysia and/or internationally across Asia
- Lead direct commercial and corporate negotiations with various stakeholders including direct negotiations on large/global commercial deals across the full contractual life cycle, leading the negotiations on M&As and JV deals
- Advise the top management on legal, regulatory and compliance issues with the view of ensuring good corporate governance and best practices are designed, implemented, and improved upon conducting the necessary risk assessment and gap analysis
- Provide a variety of legal support to other functions including human resource, finance, risk management, and operations, and to proactively liaise with external legal counsel/authorities whenever necessary
To succeed in this Manager of Legal Affairs - Asia role, you must have strong stakeholder management experience with exposure working abroad/working on international/cross border deals and are looking to build a thriving legal career in the vibrant city of Penang, Malaysia.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya, between 7 - 12 years of PQE, with experience from private legal practice and in-house legal setting
- Experience working abroad, experience working in an MNC, and/or working with/servicing international clients is an added advantage
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex and cross-border commercial agreements, managing/leading corporate exercises including M&A and JV, and in relation to all aspects of legal affairs, including regulatory and compliance, employment advisory, supervising domestic and cross-border disputes (if any), risk and gap analysis, implementation of policies
- Leadership quality with the thirst for new challenges and would thrive in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, polished as well as a confident speaker
- Readiness to relocate/work in Penang, Malaysia
The company is committed to provide an international exposure to both legal as well as corporate/management experience to the successful candidate.
This Manager of Legal Affairs - Asia role is for you if you are ambitious and possess leadership quality and management experience with international experience/experience working abroad and look to build a thriving legal career in the vibrant city of Penang, Malaysia.
Click Apply Now or send me an e-mail at email@example.com to have a confidential discussion on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C