Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1831970/001
Date posted 28 July 2022petaling-jaya legal/other 2022-07-28 2022-09-26 legal Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading and largest media entertainment companies is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance job to be based at their headquarters in Petaling Jaya.
About the Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance Role:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for rendering support, expertise, and advice on various legal, regulatory, compliance, operational, contractual and/or corporate matters and issues related thereto to group of companies to ensure the continuous success of the company.
- Preparing, drafting, reviewing, vetting and/or providing legal advice on all legal matters and documentations arising from the day-to-day business and operations, e.g. agency, distributorship, leasing/tenancy, joint venture/shareholders agreements, memorandum of understanding, NDAs, administration documents, industrial relations, insurance as well as on corporate and commercial matters, e.g. joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, investments, commercial arrangements, collaborations and/or alliances, etc.
- Rendering assistance in the drafting and/or vetting of relevant policies, codes, procedures, and guidelines of the company as well as advice on finance and treasury related matters and documentations, e.g. banking facilities, bank guarantee, and performance guarantee
- Managing and/or rending advice, support and assistance on all intellectual property matters, dispute resolution/litigation matters, development of policy, procedures, and compliance frameworks across the business to support risk and compliance management, systematic document storage and filing system for safe custody of legal documents and easy retrieval, etc.
- Providing advice on regulatory and contractual compliance to ensure adherence to the laws, rules, regulations, best practices, and standards (e.g. PDPA, FCPA, Anti-Bribery Act UK, anti-competition, etc.), and acting as compliance officer for personal data protection compliance and conducts training on legal areas
- Negotiating with and/or against as well as managing external parties to achieve the best possible options or positions in contract negotiations for the company
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance role, you must be able to work independently, effectively and in a fast-paced environment in line with the changes in terms of market trends and conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LL.B) with at least 10 years' relevant experience. Experience in both private practice and in-house experience is an added advantage
- Excellent understanding of contract, commercial and corporate laws, written, communication, interpersonal and stakeholders management skills
- Detailed oriented with strong analytic skills and able to meet deadlines
Since its inception, this established organisation has seen unprecedented growth and has become one of the leading media entertainment companies and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise which constantly diversifying their businesses.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance job.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 06 July 2022A well-known and reputable Islamic financial institution is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on an SVP, Company Secretary job in their esteemed organisation based in Petaling Jaya.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 10 August 2022A leading system software company that delivers world-class communications, entertainment and digital solutions is now seeking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel (ICT/IP) job based in their Petaling Jaya office.