Compliance Manager (SEA)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1831320/001
Date posted 25 July 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-07-25 2022-09-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to ongoing and excellent success, an exciting Compliance Manager (SEA) job has just become available in one of the leading and globally established FMCG companies based in Malaysia.
About the Compliance Manager (SEA) Role:
In this critical role, you will play a vital role in assisting and handling a wide range of compliance matters as well as in rendering compliance support to various business units within the company and ensuring the company’s continued success, growth, and development.
- Ensuring the SEA is conducting its business in compliance with all local and international laws and regulations. Analysing compliance risks and opportunities through the company’s compliance program and building strategies to ensure continuous business growth and defining business-centric practices
- Implementing and/or applying company’s Corporate Compliance Programme, guidelines, and related policies with the objective to reduce legal and non-compliance risk and protect the assets of the CBUs as well as anticipating and evaluating emerging compliance trends, anticipation of legal developments and continuously improving and strengthening the compliance culture and reducing risks to the CBUs
- Conducting regular compliance risk assessment on a risk-based approach to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and develop/implement corrective action plans as well as managing compliance process systems (B-Right, Third Party Vetting Tool, Risk Assessment) and securing approvals related to the Healthcare Systems Compliance Policy
- Leading the Cluster Compliance Committee within SEA, Anti-Fraud Committees within the CBU and ensuring strong tone from the top is reinforced consistently while ensuring strong governance is maintained to strengthen company’s Compliance Program in SEA as well as he implementation and becoming subject matter expert on various business conduct policies (Code of Conduct, anti-competition, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, data privacy, confidentiality, conflict of interest, healthcare systems compliance, international trade sanctions etc.)
- Ensuring collaborative objectives are achieved with various internal stakeholders in relation to internal audit, internal control, risk management and process efficiency
- Managing, drafting, and updating the Corporate Compliance policies and processes to in accordance with the SEA laws and regulations, and ensuring regular training is conducted to ensure employees remain compliant to the policies/processes and to cultivate and effective and strong compliance mindset within SEA
- Conducting training on various topics related to Corporate Compliance, any other business category specific policies, or any emerging/new topics related to the Corporate Compliance Programme including its effect and application on other functions internal policies/processes
- Anticipating and evaluating emerging compliance trends, anticipation of legal developments and continuously improving and strengthening the compliance culture within CBUs
- Contributing to internal compliance audits and/or conduct quarterly monitoring on Corporate Compliance/Healthcare Systems Policy to identify areas of vulnerability, opportunities, and risks, consistently communicate and socialise Ethics Line (whistleblowing channel) to various stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Ensuring transactions are reviewed, approved, and registered in accordance with the Healthcare System Compliance Policy and Directive, or related standard operating procedures, and to continuously monitor, audit transactions and review its’ policies effectiveness from time to time
To succeed in this Compliance Manager (SEA) role, you will need to be able to work independently, effectively with agile as well as flexible mindsets and have the following traits and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Legal or related field and/or with any professional certification related to the role such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Analyst, Advocate and Solicitor, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Compliance Professional, or equivalent
- Minimum of seven years' professional auditing, analytical or similar professional experience sufficient to perform the duties of the role with strong operational risk background with in-depth experience in managing risk for business
- Excellent in communication, analytical skills with the strong ability to organise and plan strategically, maintain high level of integrity and corporate governance expertise and experience and knowledgeable on various areas of SEA laws on corruption, competition, data privacy, international trade sanctions
- Ability to lead and develop a high performing team of professionals, multitask, and prioritise workload, with high attention to detail, meticulous, follow-through, and accuracy
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you.
Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Compliance Manager (SEA) role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity today.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 July 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre Investment Governance, Consultant. In this job, you will oversee investment governance, investment control, training and development, and incident reporting.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 July 2022Due to strong business growth and expansion plans, a Legal Consultant job has become available at a reputable international legal firm aiming to strengthen their corporate legal team by hiring junior to mid-level legal consultants to work with international clients on numerous transactions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022An international law firm with regional headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur is now recruiting for a Legal Associate (Corporate/Commercial) job due to significant expansion in its corporate/commercial division.