Senior Executive, Rules
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1829750/001
Date posted 25 July 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-07-25 2022-09-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A reputable payment network services provider back by the Central Bank of Malaysia is currently recruiting for a Senior Executive, Rules job to join its legal team. This role reports to the Head of Legal and Rules and is based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Senior Executive, Rules Role:
This Senior Executive, Rules role plays a crucial role in the legal team in ensuring the legal, rules as well as policies of the company, be it internally or externally, is maintained at its highest standards.
- Drafting, vetting, and reviewing of various documentation such as rules, policies, commercial contracts, and notices
- Rendering accurate and succinct legal advice/opinions concerning the applicable legislations, guidelines, and rules, be it domestically or cross-borders, particularly within the financial services industry, and to perform and report on risk and gap analysis as well as make proposals for improvements and implementation processes to maintain the company’s best compliance practices within the company
- Conducting extensive research and keeping the legal team/the company regularly abreast with such developments on applicable legislations, rules and guidelines, be it domestically or in foreign jurisdictions
- Liaising with other departments of the company with the view of providing legal counsel and support to the needs of the business and the specific products which may from time to time be developed by the company
- Regularly and proactively liaising with the regulators, authorities, and external lawyers
To succeed in this Senior Executive, Rules role, you must be proactive, meticulous, and a self-starter with a strong foundation in drafting and reviewing of various legal instruments and product-related documentation. You will have good exposure to financial services and the drive to learn and develop rules as based on local laws and in foreign jurisdictions.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya with three to five years of PQEs
- Experienced working with the financial services providers and advising within the financial services sectors (experience working in a financial services provider, a digital payments or payment network services provider would be an added advantage)
- Experienced drafting and reviewing of various legal instruments including policies, rules and commercial contracts
- Strong legal research skills and experience advising on cross-border work
- Meticulous, organised, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
This company is a highly reputable name within the digital payments/network services provider space and is keen to provide a satisfying work experience with ample opportunities to learn and develop within its legal team.
This Senior Executive, Rules role is for you if you are keen to work within the payment network/digital payment space, to develop a strong portfolio in supporting and working with the financial services sector, with the opportunity to implement rules/policies and work along with stakeholders on related products from the legal perspective.
Click Apply now or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on this role.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 August 2022This multi-service Malaysian law firm is is aiming to strengthen their corporate legal team with a Senior Associate/Junior Partner (Corporate). In this job, you will work on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 August 2022A well-established and reputable insurance company is currently seeking an Executive/Senior Executive, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their secretarial team based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 July 2022A Senior Legal Executive job has just become available within this locally listed investment holding company with a strong presence within the O&G sector. This Senior Legal Executive role reports to the Senior Manager, Legal and is based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 August 2022One of the nation’s leading investment holding companies is now seeking a high-calibre and experienced Assistant Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their legal team based in Kuala Lumpur.