Senior Manager, Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1823710/001
Date posted 15 July 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-07-15 2022-09-13 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established and reputable public listed company is now seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal to join its legal department at the group level due to rapid expansion of the group and the legal team. This Senior Manager, Legal will report to the Head of Legal and be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About the Senior Manager, Legal Role:
This Senior Manager, Legal role will be responsible for all legal affairs of the company and its subsidiaries (“Group”) and will support the continued growth and development of the Group, its projects and implementation process.
- Drafting, vetting, reviewing of various corporate and commercial agreements
- Rendering accurate and succinct legal advice within a short turnaround time to the Group (including the various subsidiaries) and keeping the management abreast on developments on the law applicable to the various business units of the Group
- Proactively manage and supervise the Group’s disputes/litigation matters with the view of resolving such disputes in an effective manner.
- Independently and proactively liaise and coordinate with external legal counsel and governmental bodies/authorities as and when required by the Head of Legal or the management
- Advise, strategise, negotiate, and implement the Group’s corporate transactions and/or projects with the view of advancing the Group’s interest and business agendas
To succeed in this role, you will need to be familiar with corporate/commercial transactions and negotiations, have strong commercial and business acumen and be able to adapt to different industries and businesses.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya between 8 – 10 years of PQE, from private practice and in-house legal setting
- Substantial experience in corporate transactions and commercial contracts with a strong grasp in Companies Act and good contractual negotiation exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, driven, and ambitious
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to different sectors/industries and familiar with legal functions at a group level
- Good team player with experience in managing stakeholders
The company is an established and progressive company with businesses across various sectors in Malaysia determined to provide a multifaceted experience through this crucial role to lead and manage key initiatives of the company.
This Senior Manager, Legal role is for you if you are keen to lead and directly deal with key stakeholders and gain extensive exposure to various sectors within this legal role.
Click Apply now or send me an e-mail today at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on this role.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 August 2022A Senior Manager, Legal & Corporate Affairs job has become available at a leading property development company to support its growing legal division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 July 2022One of the leading clothing designers, manufacturers, and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels and outfit is seeking a high-calibre Legal Manager. In this job, you will be part of the dynamic organisation that drives its specialisation across the globe.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 June 2022Due to rapid expansion, a renowned multinational e-commerce/technology company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job in their legal team to be based in Kuala Lumpur. This role reports to the General Counsel, Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 July 2022The automotive arm of a local conglomerate in the retail, distribution and assembly business is recruiting for an Assistant Manager - Legal job to ensure that legal rights of the business units are protected, liability and risk exposure limited, and laws and regulations complied with.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022An exciting Legal Counsel job has opened up at an award-winning and fast-growing company which renders transformative digital CX solutions that enable world-leading and disruptive brands to acquire new customers, build customer loyalty, and protect their online communities.