Legal and Compliance Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1815580/001
Date posted 15 June 2022shah-alam legal/other 2022-06-16 2022-08-14 legal Shah Alam MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading pharmaceutical MNC is recruiting for a Legal and Compliance Lead job with a focus on managing third parties which the company deals with and to manage the company’s sanctions screening and compliance policies and risks. This role reports directly to the Head of Compliance in Singapore and is based in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
About this Legal and Compliance Lead Role:
You will be expected to work independently in a sole-contributor hat and collaboratively with the regional team to provide first-rate legal and compliance support to various business units.
- Render practical and accurate legal advice for the top management including the Head of Compliance, General Counsel, Country Manager, CEO and various stakeholders on all matters concerning third-parties compliance and sanctions screening run
- Keeping the company abreast as to such developments on regulations and guidelines applicable to the pharmaceutical sector with the view of ensuring due compliance in the company’s policies, projects, programmes as well as contracts
- Review, identify and set up frameworks and policies to mitigate on risks and issues concerning anti-bribery and corruption, competition law, conflicts of interest and data privacy and IP
- Proactively liaise with external parties including regulators and authorities, external legal counsel, vendors, and suppliers, as well as internal stakeholders across various business units in an interdepartmental manner
To succeed in this Legal and Compliance Lead role, you must be capable of working independently and efficiently, with strong commercial and business acumen.
- Commonwealth qualified lawyer with excellent academic history and no less than five years of in-house legal and/or compliance experience. Corporate/commercial in-house legal work experience is an added advantage
- Well versed in advising on regulations and guidelines applicable to the pharmaceutical/healthcare sector and experience in the setting up and implementing of compliance policies and programme in the context of third parties compliance and sanctions screening is an added advantage
- Strong regional stakeholder management experience within a multinational corporation with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team-player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-starter and proactive
This large pharmaceutical company is set to provide ample career growth opportunities to a first-rate and motivated Legal and Compliance Lead who meets the above requirements.
This role is for you should you wish to grow with and contribute to this renowned and progressive pharmaceutical company with a strong presence in Asia Pacific and if you have an appetite to rise to such challenges faced by a sole contributor Legal and Compliance Lead on a multi-jurisdictional level.
Click Apply now or send me an e-mail today at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 30 May 2022A leading technology/telecommunications company is searching for a high calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job to support its rapidly growing business. Their office is located in Petaling Jaya.