Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1810720/001
Date posted 07 June 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-06-07 2022-08-06 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-known and reputable online marketplace and retail company is seeking a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job in Kuala Lumpur to support the company’s business which is ever growing.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
In this vital role, you will be responsible for rendering legal advice across the full range of legal matters affecting the company’s business across the region as well as in ensuring the continuous growth and development of the department and the company’s business.
- Rendering strategic and pragmatic legal advice to business stakeholders on all legal issues relating to the company’s business which include but not limited to commercial, corporate, technology, operations, supply chain, logistics, finance, compliance, data protection, M&A, litigation, HR, and marketing
- Preparing, drafting, negotiating and/or advising on various contracts, e.g. purchasing agreements, marketing agreements, logistics agreements, employment agreements, on-line terms and conditions, technology and licensing agreements, manufacturing agreements, NDAs, and documents relating to various corporate and M&A matters
- Identifying legal risks, drafting risk mitigation strategies, and providing practical and effective solutions to complex operations as well as developing and maintaining relations with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure company’s interests are well-represented
- Providing advice and support on numerous areas which include but not limited to the company’s intellectual property portfolio, data protection laws, dispute resolution, litigation, and regulatory matters affecting the business
- Supporting the development and launch of key compliance initiatives, including the development and delivery of training programs across the region
- Managing external counsel (as required) with a focus on obtaining cost effective, high quality, pragmatic, and timely advice, on time and within budget
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you will need to be a team player as well as the ability to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision.
- LL.B and/or admitted to the Malaysian Bar with at least 4 - 10 years of PQE in top-tier law firms/large MNCs. Legal experience in logistics, corporate, supply chain, commercial law, intellectual property, technology law, e-commerce, and data protection will be viewed favourably
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Malay languages with excellent communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking with the ability to drill into, organise and solve complex legal issues and assess the wider impact of matters on the company’s operation and business objectives
- Outstanding legal drafting skills and attention to detail, able to work with stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong commercial awareness with genuine interest in the e-commerce business and capacity to quickly pick up new business concepts
The successful Legal Counsel will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in their office located at Kuala Lumpur.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this Legal Counsel role is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and diversifying its various business functions.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022One of the region’s well-established insurance provider which provides a wide range of insurance products and services including personal automobile, home owner, property, general liability and reinsurance is currently seeking a high-calibre Head, Legal & Co Sec. In this job, you will join its dynamic office based in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is looking for a high-calibre and talented candidate to take on a Senior Manager, Legal job in their legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 June 2022An exciting Legal Manager job has just become available at one of the leading international tobacco companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 June 2022A Malaysian conglomerate with diverse business interests from resource management to oil palm plantation, property development and automotive business in various countries globally is now seeking a high-calibre General Counsel, Legal. In this job, you will lead the group in its next phase of growth.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2022This leading law firm based in Malaysia renowned for their expertise in dispute resolution is seeking a qualified candidate to take on a Legal Associate (Corporate Commercial Litigation) job. As an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya, you will to contribute to the firm’s established corporate commercial litigation practice.