Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1807250/001
Date posted 25 May 2022kuala-lumpur legal/other 2022-05-26 2022-07-24 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rapidly expanding media start-up company is recruiting for a Legal Manager job to spearhead the legal function within the organisation to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and is a sole legal contributor role.
About the Legal Manager Role:
This Legal Manager role will be responsible for various legal affairs of the organisation by actively participating and supporting the key operations and projects of the organisation with the view of ensuring the business strategy of the organisation aligns with the necessary legal requirements applicable to its industry.
- Rendering accurate and succinct legal advice with a particular focus on IP exploitation, production regulatory and compliance, IT and media related agreements
- Developing the organisation’s internal policies, procedures, processes and maintaining the organisation’s precedents and knowledge database, such as to ensure the said policies, procedures, processes, and precedents are regularly updated and in compliance with the applicable legislation and regulations
- Drafting, vetting, reviewing of television agreements, licensing agreements, agreements with vendors, production contracts and such other media-related contracts as and when required by the business directions of the organisation
- Leading direct negotiations of the organisation with the view of facilitating projects implementation and assisting the CEO on the strategic structuring of deals with studios, broadcasters, investors, key talents, vendors, and such other stakeholders of the organisation
- Advising and supervising the organisation’s litigation (if any), employment advisory and reviewing/drafting of employment agreements, handbooks, and policies, regularly working in an interdepartmental manner including liaising with the Human Resource, Tax and Finance departments
- Liaising with the relevant governmental department, regulatory bodies, external counsel, corporate secretaries, auditors, consultants as and when required
To succeed in the Legal Manager role, you will need to have the drive to lead negotiations for a media company, able to work independently and have a progressive and open mindset.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya with no less than five years of PQE (exposure to in-house legal work in IP, IT, and media related sectors would be an added advantage)
- A progressive, creative, open mindset with a strong interest in media related sectors
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, lead direct commercial/corporate negotiations with internal and external stakeholders and counterparts, and the ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good business acumen with an acute understanding of the business needs of a start-up media company with film/series projects domestically and internationally
- Willing to travel as and when required
The successful Legal Manager will join this vibrant, creative, progressive media/broadcasting start-up company, which is part of a global media organisation, with the opportunity to be actively involved in the advisory and production of contemporary/up-and-coming media projects.
If you are progressive minded with a thirst for IP, IT, and media related work in a start-up media company, this Legal Manager role is for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a modern mindset.
Click Apply Now or send me an e-mail at email@example.com to discuss further on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022An international law firm with regional headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur is now recruiting for a Legal Associate (Corporate/Commercial) job due to significant expansion in its corporate/commercial division.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 June 2022An international logistics company is seeking a Legal & Compliance Manager. In this job, you should be self-motivated, has initiative and able to work in a dynamic-paced environment to support its legal and compliance functions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2022A boutique law firm which specialises in corporate M&A, private equity, venture capital is now seeking a Associate/Senior Legal Associate (Corporate M&A) to join their firm. In this job, you will be working in a team of outstanding legal associates and reporting to the supervising partner.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 May 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently seeking a high-calibre Company Secretary, In this job, you will join its legal and corporate services department.