Legal Manager - AMEA
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Job Ref 1805240/001
Date posted 19 May 2022petaling-jaya legal/other 2022-05-19 2022-07-18 legal Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the largest multinational fast moving consumer goods companies is currently recruiting a high-calibre Legal Manager – AMEA. In this job, you will join their legal team and be based at their Petaling Jaya office.
About the Legal Manager - AMEA Role:
Reporting to the Senior Legal Director, you will be responsible for managing and/or rendering support to all legal and contractual matters across AMEA, working with key stakeholders and business units (e.g. marketing, regulatory, procurement, HR, finance and the plant leadership team) and business units’ counsels/lawyers in each market to drive compliance with local regulations in the AMEA region.
- Managing and leading the marketing and promotion activities for various brands for AMEA, including but not limited to developing and implementing legal strategy for matters relating to claims, advertising and marketing, innovation, contest, promotion, e-commerce, and food regulation related matters
- Providing advice and reviewing advertising, promotional materials, and other communications to ensure compliance with applicable law/guidelines as well as ensuring AMEA website is in compliance with respective local laws for each promotion and marketing activation
- Working with regional brands and IP counsels and rendering legal advice on trademark protection, data privacy, patents, and trade secrets related matters level, etc.
- Providing support for manufacturing facilities, i.e., primarily responsible for that facility requires advice that is specific to local laws, environmental issues, regulations, and customs as well as any crisis management in support of the business/plant
- Ensuring business continuity through driving a culture of compliance with the local laws/regulation, particularly during the Covid-19 pandemic
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with various commercial and business departments within the organisation, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) with at least six to eight years of relevant experience with experience in corporate and commercial law and a specialisation in brands law. Experience working in multiple jurisdictions and/or with manufacturing plants is an advantage
- An understanding of marketing, e-commerce, data privacy laws and regulations for major markets in the AMEA region and the ability to identify and understand complex issues/risks and effectively analyse and assess the risks/opportunities and be a creative problem solver
- The ability to draft clearly and concisely in contracts, particularly advertising, marketing services/licensing contracts, and an in-depth understanding of contract provisions and how they interrelate with and impact each other, contract interpretation principles and how to apply them
- Confident, articulate and business-focused, with a team-centric approach and willing to travel (domestic and/or international)
The successful Legal Manager – AMEA will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with outstanding career progression opportunities.
If you enjoy working in fast-paced environment where constant change and development abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Petaling JayaDate posted: 06 May 2022An established and award-winning healthcare provider is recruiting for a Legal and Corporate Affairs (Manager/Assistant Manager) job. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Legal and Corporate Affairs and is based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.