Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 24 October 20192019-10-25 2019-12-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 168000 168000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this established conglomerate which is involved in various business areas, such as construction, engineering, infrastructure, property, highway concession, waste management and water treatment is currently recruiting a high-calibre Legal Manger. In this job, you will join its dynamic legal team based in the Kuala Lumpur office.
About the Legal Manager Role:
Reporting to the Group Head of Legal, you will be assisting and handling a wide range of legal matters for the group and its related entities and play a critical role in rendering legal support to the various companies within the group and ensure the legal team’s continued success, growth and development.
- Rendering legal advice, opinion and support to various business units within the group and its subsidiaries with regards to corporate, commercial and/or contentious matters
- Drafting, preparing, advising and reviewing of commercial agreements and legal documents, either prepared internally/externally to safeguard the interests of the group and its subsidiaries
- Liaising with and managing appointed lawyers on various legal, corporate and/or litigation matters, documentation as well as on specific projects
- Delegating, supervising and reviewing work done/carried out by subordinates within the department
- Assisting in the maintenance of a central database, tracking/checklist system for filing, record keeping, work status updates, precedents, e-library, approval and other administrative processes for smooth, proper and efficient functioning of the department
- Attending to any other duties/responsibilities which the principals may assign from time to time
To succeed in this Legal Manager role, you will need to be a team player with the ability to work independently, effectively and have the following traits and qualifications.
- LL.B with at least seven years of legal work experience and admitted to the Malaysia Bar
- Strong command of English and Malay (both written and verbal)
- Experience in corporate and commercial law/background is preferred
- Exposure to litigation matters and/or to exposure to legal framework of other jurisdiction, e.g. China, Singapore, Japan is considered an added advantage
- Strong and clear communication skills to handle all ranks of people and counterparties as well as flexibility in adjusting and thriving in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- A team player with good leadership qualities and is committed to work, driven, proactive, organised, resourceful and is able to work independently with minimum supervision
The successful Legal Manager will join a group whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This reputable organisation offers a great working environment in dynamic and well-designed office in Kuala Lumpur.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and growing its business.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C