Assistant Manager/Manager, Legal Contracts
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 manufacturing-and-production Petaling Jaya MY MYR 72000 96000 96000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An newly-created Assistant Manager/Manager, Legal Contracts job has become available at a leading solar power company based in Petaling Jaya.
About the Assistant Manager/Manager, Legal Contracts Role:
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for performing and fulfilling all corporate, commercial and contractual obligations of the company with the aim to protect the company’s best interests.
- Reviewing, advising and negotiating a wide range of agreements e.g. project deeds, tender deeds, power purchase agreements (PPA), consultancy, engineering, procurement and construction contracts and service contracts
- Drafting, preparing and developing standard contract terms and conditions for procurement and sub-contracting, standard contract administration process tools manuals and procedures for in-house implementation
- Managing contract and claims management, client interaction and negotiations of all range of contracts, drafting and reviewing all correspondences, contracts and tendering documents, insurance claim management and contract risk
- Administering and managing all contractual matters, processing and preparing all payment certifications, formulating standard forms and procedures, preparing all contractual correspondences, advising management on all contractual matters and assisting in ensuring all site daily activities are performed in tandem and in compliance with the contract requirements
- Advising on and reviewing, guarantees, bonds and other security documents
- Assisting in the negotiation of subcontracts for use by project teams, managing company’s contentious matters (if any) and rendering advice as well as guidance to project teams on issues arising throughout the full life cycle of projects
- Reviewing commercial terms and conditions in the negotiation of new projects, monitoring performance and commercial aspects of new projects and reviewing commercial terms and conditions in the negotiations of new projects
- Identifying key project risks and preparing commercially-focused solutions to manage and mitigate risks with the tender teams, liaising with external lawyers and strategising with internal customers to negotiate with customers on pricing, contractual and technical terms
- Providing training to project, sales and origination teams on contract laws and keeping the company abreast of all relevant legislation
To succeed in this Assistant Manager/Manager, Legal Contracts role, you must be resilient, driven, motivated and have high attention to detail and good organisational skills
- LL.B degree holder with at least three to five years of legal working experience. In-house experience in the areas of construction and infrastructure projects is preferred
- Possesses excellent communication and legal drafting skills with a solid background in contract law and the ability to draft, review, understand and synthesise basic provisions of various types of contracts
- Possesses good verbal reasoning skills, negotiation and influencing skills, risk management and risk mitigation skills with the ability to identify risks/issues and offering practical and commercially appropriate solutions to mitigate risks
This dynamic organisation has a vision to revolutionise its expertise and believes in offering world-class and superb quality solar products.
If you are a progressive and driven individual with a can-do attitude, this Assistant Manager/Manager, Legal Contracts role is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly improvising and growing its business functions.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C