Head, Legal & Compliance
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 25 July 20192019-08-13 2019-09-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader in the insurance industry is recruiting a Head, Legal & Compliance to join their team in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Head, Legal & Compliance Role:
Due to excellent results, the Head, Legal & Compliance will play a key role in the legal department’s continued development and success in the Malaysian market. The Head, Legal & Compliance will work directly with the regional legal Counsel by assisting and providing all manner of legal support or otherwise, to ensure the Company’s business and operations function within the relevant legal and regulatory framework in Malaysia is in order.
- Render advice in relation to laws and regulations affecting the organisation including the FSA 2013, PDPA 2010 & BNM guidelines and regulations
- Provide legal advice and support in connection with major business initiatives and transactions, including new distribution methods, corporate acquisitions/disposals and real property matters to all business and non-business units
- Prepare, review, negotiate and finalise all legal documentation including insurance policy documents, contracts such as distribution, broker, agency, sponsor, referral, marketing and confidentiality agreements
- Manage and oversee the debt collection and all non-claim litigation matters including the negotiation and settlement processes as well as working in tandem with external counsels
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external parties such relevant authorities and bodies, ministry, service providers and other third parties, as and when required and any other related duties as assigned from time to time
A high calibre Head, Legal & Compliance is required for this rewarding role that has been recently established.
- LL.B graduate from a reputable university and at least 10 years of PQE in a relevant legal/regulatory or corporate governance role
- Confident, articulate, mature and able to analyse complex legal issues and present them in a succinct and concise manner
- Possesses effective communication, negotiation, interpersonal, management and drafting skills with a high level of integrity and confidentiality as well as excellent written and presentation skills
- Pleasant personality with a high degree of professionalism, ability to work independently and meet deadlines as well as positive and high-motivated work attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and comfortable working with senior management on multiple legal issues
- Possesses good planning, organization skills, inter-personal skills as well as pro-active with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment
This company is more than just another insurance provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in the legal industry from an insurance/financial services background especially, you can take your career forward with this attractive Head, Legal & Compliance role.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C