Legal Counsel - Regional
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 24 June 20192019-06-24 2019-08-23 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to rapid growth and expansion plans, a well-established and well-known food and beverage company which owns and operates fast food chains (specialty – fried chicken) in Malaysia and in other countries is seeking a high calibre Legal Counsel to be part of a dynamic and ever-growing company in its Kuala Lumpur office.
About the Legal Counsel - Regional Role:
Reporting to the CEO, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for rendering legal advice and support as well as day-to-day legal support to the company.
- Drafting, negotiating, preparing and reviewing all range of contracts / corporate and commercial agreements and legal documents, including but not limited to supply of goods & services agreements, tenancy agreements etc.
- Providing legal support to the group (with strong focus in Malaysia and Singapore) as well as other countries where the company has a presence
- Rendering advice to the operational and functional departments / business units on different areas of laws / legal issues, amongst others include corporate, data privacy, employment, real estate, business / partnership and advertising
- Providing legal monitoring and optimising legal security / compliance, reporting legal documents and litigation, policies, standards and developing new processes to secure operations and ensuring compliance
- Providing training to operational and functional units on relevant aspects of law and increasing the units’ awareness on best practices and policies
A talented legal professional is required for this rewarding role that has been recently established.
- LL.B graduate with at least 7 - 10 years of relevant legal experience. Experience in FMCG / retail and franchise with cross-border remit will be an added advantage
- Possesses strong awareness of online / digital business trends and the ability to effectively clarify processes with stakeholders
- Possesses the ability to render legal expertise with commercial astuteness
- Possesses the ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy / responses, involve and to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities as well as coordinate internal and external resources and collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Confident, persuasive individual who has the capability to manage and resolve difficult situations
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment where constant development and progression abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a globally recognised and respected brand that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C