Assistant Legal Manager
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-17 legal Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
Due to expansion plan and developments, one of the leading designers, manufacturers and retailers of casual, sports and formal apparels / fashion clothing and outfit is seeking a high calibre Assistant Legal Manager to be part of a dynamic organisation in its Petaling Jaya office that drives its specialisation across the globe.
About the Assistant Legal Manager role
Reporting to the Legal Director, the Assistant Legal Manager will play a critical role in liaising and responsible for providing day-to-day legal support to the company and will work with all levels of employees across the business, external business partners, service providers and governmental authorities in relation to legal matters and with the company’s ASEAN / Global Legal teams.
- Advising, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts including tenancy agreements, marketing, sales, supply of goods & services agreements, procurement, employment, nondisclosure agreements etc. as well as post-contract related matters
- Supporting new business initiatives from a legal perspective including licensing requirements and increasing operational and functional departments awareness of best practices and policies
- Advising on legal matters/applicable laws, including ensuring compliance with data protection laws as well as the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (advertising, commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, data privacy, employment and property)
- Advising and following up on all litigation, dispute resolution, and internal and external investigations as well as maintaining legal standard and compliance with applicable laws.
- Supporting corporate secretarial work between the business/functions and company secretary, document control system for filing of agreements / documents / correspondences, filing of the agreements / documents in accordance with the system and other legal administrative tasks
- Supporting the business needs e.g. by creating legal templates and where necessary and updating documents with any relevant changes and working closely with the Information Security department on legal risks, financial and reputation risks and support the procurement department
- Work with other business functions to develop legal awareness, deliver training, provide legal advice, guidance, assistance in customer claims
A talented legal practitioner / in-house counsel is required for this rewarding role that has been recently established.
- LL.B graduate with at least 5-7 years working experience. Experience working with MNC or start-up companies or in an entrepreneurial environment will be considered as an added advantage
- Experience in real estate, e-commerce, data privacy and/or litigation matters will be an added advantage
- Possesses strong communication skill, and fluent (both written & verbal) in the English language
- Being a proactive individual that is highly committed with a strong drive, possess an inquisitive, commercial, analytical mind, enjoy being hands-on and aspire to be a natural business partner
- Possesses strong negotiation, presentation, planning, organising skills and has the ability to multi-task with good analytical skills
- Must be able to work proactively with different stakeholders & initiate solutions
- Ability to manage projects independently and work under pressure and has high social competence and able to work in fast-moving and dynamic environment
If you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where constant development and progression abounds, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a globally recognised and respected brand that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C