Legal & Compliance Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Eujinn Teo
Date posted 27 March 20192019-04-02 2019-05-26 legal Petaling Jaya MY MYR 144000 192000 192000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
As a result of ongoing and continued successes locally and internationally as well as expansion development in Malaysia, this MNC which is in different business fields, such as photo and electronic imaging, information systems, data storage media, health care, life science systems and industrial products is recruiting their first legal hire in Malaysia. In this job, you will be based in their Petaling Jaya office.
About the Legal & Compliance Manager Role:
Reporting to the company’s Executive Director and working alongside regional legal counsels based in Singapore, you will lead and handle all legal activities in Malaysia and be the responsible contact point for all legal queries and matters. You will play a key role in establishing the legal and compliance framework of the company and will be part of the dynamic regional and global legal and compliance team of the company.
- Rendering legal advice, opinion and support to regional Legal & Compliance Counsels and various business units of the company as well as legal solutions that would meet legitimate business needs of the company for revenue and procurement transactions
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and analysing commercial agreements / contracts, policies and legal documents
- Establishing a standardised contract administration and management system by providing guidance and support to each business unit of the company as well as assisting in creating region-specific contract templates for the company and updating terms of contracts regularly with applicable changes in laws and regulations in order to maximise the efficiency of transactions without compromising the company’s regulatory compliance
- Developing, implementing and maintaining compliance policies and procedures of the company and assisting in all matters in relation to compliance programmes and other corporate formalities regarding implementation of compliance policies and programmes
- Rendering advice on general corporate secretarial matters
- Conducting periodic legal and compliance policy training and conducting ad-hoc in-house seminars on specific legal and compliance issues should such needs arise
The successful Legal & Compliance Manager will be independent, driven and possess self-initiative.
- LL.B holder with minimum 8-10 years of relevant professional legal experience. Prior experience in a corporate and commercial as well as compliance setting is an added advantage
- Possesses excellent written and spoken English.
- Possesses strong and excellent drafting skills in agreements, contracts and legal documents
- Possesses strong foundation and knowledge on both legal and compliance work
- Possesses positive attitude, adaptable, pleasant personality, motivation and the ability to communicate with all level of management
This leading brand name has an outstanding reputation in its fields in various regions. The scope of the offer, size of the business, freedom and autonomy to build up your career all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a driven legal professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly innovating and improvising its business functions.
Apply now or email me today at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C