Consultant Lindy Ho
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-12 legal Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
As a result of ongoing and continued successes within the KL office, an established financial institution is recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join their Group. You will take the lead providing direction in all legal-related activities including the management of stakeholders’ expectations and rendering legal advice, guidance and support in assigned areas to ensure that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is mitigated.
About the Legal Counsel, Corporate & Remedial Affairs role:
In this business critical role, you will play a critical role in providing the direction to all things legal-related, including drafting agreements, providing advice, mitigating risk as well as ensuring all related matters are in compliance with the legal requirements.
- Implementing strategic legal policies as well as to ensure the exposure to legal and regulatory risk is managed in a commercially sensitive and practical manner
- Managing the legal aspects associated with the Group’s transactions, projects, initiatives including matters that are highly complex or have potential for significant legal, financial and /or brand impact
- Review and render advice to the Management on any legal implications of internal policies and procedures for Insurance and Takaful
- Review all contracts and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention
To succeed in this role, you should possess at least 7 years PQE and above. Candidates with banking / insurance experience are encouraged to apply.
- A recognised degree in Law and called to the High Court of Malaya
- In-house lawyer who has worked within the Insurance/ Takaful companies/financial institutions will be viewed favourably
- Strong problem solving skills, detail oriented with the ability to understand multiple perspectives, identify and negotiate solutions across the organization
- Able to render expert advice on corporate governance matters
This financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and international coverage, they have won numerous awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution places a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel, Corporate & Remedial Affairs job.
Apply today or send in your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity further.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C