Manager, Company Secretary
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant YewWeng Low
Date posted 04 October 2016
As a result of ongoing and continued successes both locally and internationally, this leading international maritime and shipping conglomerate is recruiting a Manager, Company Secretary to join their division based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Manager, Company Secretary Role:
In this business critical role, you will play a key role in the team’s continued development and expansion in driving the growth of the organisation. Reporting to the Group Company Secretary, you are required to prepare policies and advice on strategic direction for the Group of Companies relating to company secretarial matters and regulatory requirements for example, Related Party Transactions, Corporate Disclosure, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility.
- provide advice to Directors and the Group’s management on compliance requirements e.g. Company Law, the Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, the Securities Commission guidelines, Labuan Offshore Act and other applicable guidelines and practice notes
- provide input and advice to regulators on Corporate Governance as per the Code of Corporate Governance and other relevant codes
- responsible for the legalisation of statutory documents in meeting the requirements of overseas counterparts in facilitating their business activities
- analyse corporate secretarial issues and problem affecting the Group by taking extensive research and keeping abreast with corporate secretarial developments
- advice board members and management on the new development for compliance
To succeed in this Manager, Company Secretary job, you must possess ICSA qualifications or its equivalent.
- Possess at least 8 years of relevant working experience, preferably in Public Listed Companies
- Familiar with the provisions of the Companies Act 1965 and Listing Requirements provisions and their practical aspects
- Possess good command of English (both written and spoken)
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, proactive, mature and possess leadership abilities
This international shipping and maritime conglomerate needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients, they've won many awards. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are a progressive Company Secretary with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125