Senior Associate/Partner (KL/Penang)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1903210/001
Date posted 13 February 2023penang legal/litigation 2023-02-16 2023-04-14 legal Penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Senior Associate/Partner (KL/Penang) job has become available at a firm headquartered in Penang.
About the Senior Associate/Partner (KL/Penang) Role:
This company has a forte in niche litigation focused in medico-legal alongside other practice areas such as corporate and construction litigation and non-contentious matters (corporate, conveyancing and banking and finance amongst others), to be based in Penang or in the Kuala Lumpur branch.
- Independently strategise, manage and conduct trials at various levels of court, including attending case management and handling hearings and appeals on matters related but not limited to medico legal, insurance, motor vehicle accident cases, contract law and company law
- Advise clients on relevant matters such as insurance work, medico legal matters, motor vehicle accident cases or even general and civil litigation
- Review and draft legal opinions and documents such as various insurance policies ranging from life, general, personal accident, management liability, all-risk, professional indemnity, fire and equipment amongst others
- Attend case management, handle hearings and appeals as well as conduct trial matters which include but not limited to contract, company, medico legal, insurance and/or motor vehicle accident cases
This role offers exposure, independence and autonomy in taking your career forward to the next level as a Senior Associate/Partner (KL/Penang) in the specialised field of medical law.
- LLB degree holder and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- A minimum of three to five years of PQE
- Open to general litigators with an interest to take on more medico legal-centric work and various areas of civil litigation
- Candidates with solid experience in handling trial matters independently are preferred
- Good interpersonal, written and presentation skills
This law firm has build a legacy of over 50 years and is not afraid to push boundaries without compromising its principles of integrity and professionalism. The firm is driven by excellence as well as ambition and aims to be distinct in its areas of practice and legal services. The scope of the offer, the expansion of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a motivating environment to work in.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Senior Associate/Partner (KL/Penang) role is right for you. This is a great opportunity that will allow an independent-minded and assertive litigator to thrive and grow their career exponentially.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7056