Legal Associate, Construction
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Veryne Lim
Job Ref 1875330/001
Date posted 29 December 2022kuala-lumpur legal/litigation 2022-12-29 2023-02-27 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
The firm’s core area of expertise is in construction litigation, and they have been consecutively ranked in Legal 500 Asia Pacific since 2018. They are looking for a passionate and qualified candidate for an Legal Associate, Construction job to contribute to the firm’s strengthening practice.
About the Legal Associate, Construction Role:
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Legal Associate, Construction will assist in end-to-end substantial legal work and craft comprehensive legal solutions ranging from strategic and preventive advice as well as litigation strategies.
- Assist, draft and prepare all cause papers in relation to construction dispute whether through court, adjudication, or arbitration proceedings
- Advise project owners, developers, consultants, contractors, suppliers, and operators on their rights and obligations arising from their construction contracts
- Advise and assist clients during pre-dispute resolution negotiations and settlements
- Advise and assist clients for claims under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (“CIPAA 2012”)
- Act as counsel on behalf of clients in litigation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration and all other forms of alternative dispute resolution arising from domestic and international disputes
- Conduct meetings, trials, arbitration hearings and other court matters
- Assist in matter management and liaise with clients on facts and documents
- All other responsibilities including drafting and concluding both contentious and non-contentious matters, and/or other ancillary contracts
To succeed in this Legal Associate, Construction role you must have the tenacity and drive to excel and pursue a long-term career in practice and grow with the firm.
- Minimum of two years' post qualification experience in the construction practice area
- Good academic background (2nd class or above/Minimum CGPA of 3.40)
- Strong interest and experience in construction arbitration and dispute resolution
- Strong grasp of the law (legal concepts and technical knowledge), and familiarity with court, adjudication, and arbitration procedures
- Sound judgement and able to think on the go
- Exceptional proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken
- Well organised, meticulous with the highest attention to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks
- Committed, industrious and driven with strong sense of accountability
- Excellent work ethics, able to work under pressure independently with minimal supervision, good organisational skills and able to prioritise workload
This law firm is much more than just legal services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, and creativity. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards, with flexible work arrangement provided.
If you want to develop an outstanding competence in legal skills, build a firm foundation for legal practice and be exposed to interested and challenging work, this Legal Associate, Construction role is the one for you.
Apply now or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 December 2022A Finance & Project - Legal Associate job has become available at an established and renowned law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to ongoing, continued success and significant growth over the years. The Legal Associate will be based in its Kuala Lumpur office and will be working in a team consisting of outstanding partners and associates.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 December 2022A Legal Associate, Construction Litigation job has become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 December 2022An exciting Assistant/Deputy Manager, Legal job opportunity has become available in the legal team of a leading Japanese multinational banking and financial services institution based in Kuala Lumpur. The group operates in the retail, corporate, and investment banking segments worldwide.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 December 2022A Finance & Project - Legal Associate job has become available at an established and renowned law firm in Kuala Lumpur due to ongoing, continued success and significant growth over the years. The Legal Associate will be based in its Kuala Lumpur office and will be working in a team consisting of outstanding partners and associates.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 January 2023A Senior Executive, Company Secretarial job has become available at an industry-leading company spearheading the telecommunication industry.