Litigation & Compliance Counsel
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jian Nee Ong
Job Ref 1812370/001
Date posted 07 June 2022kuala-lumpur legal/litigation 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A renowned multinational e-commerce/technology company is currently seeking a high-calibre Litigation & Compliance Counsel to join their legal team to be based in Kuala Lumpur due to rapid expansion. In this job, you will report to the General Counsel, Singapore.
About the Litigation & Compliance Counsel Role:
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will manage the litigation, arbitration, and compliance matters of the company.
- Managing, monitoring and/or handling a wide range of disputes with a focus on commercial litigation and arbitration
- Rendering sound and accurate legal advice as well as legal support to different business units of the company including but without limitation to advising on the legal compliance issues of the company
- Independently and regularly conducting legal research on Malaysian laws and such other legal developments or foreign laws as may from time to be required by the company
- Drafting, vetting, and reviewing of cause papers of all levels of the court system, as well as such other commercial/transactional documents and policies which may require the legal support from the dispute resolution perspective
- Proactively liaising with the company’s appointed external counsel, authorities, and counterparts with respect to all dispute resolution matters including attending court actions and arbitrations as the company’s key representative with the view of effective and speedy resolution of such disputes (if any), and minimising legal risks of such transactions or projects which the company may be involved in
To succeed in this Litigation & Compliance Counsel role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with extensive work experience in litigious matters in the context of complex litigation and arbitration.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya with no less than five years of uninterrupted post-qualification private litigation practice
- Poised, articulate, confident, and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in conducting and/or attending to trials and hearings at all levels of the court system and in various tribunals with a broad corporate and commercial experience (experience handling cross-border disputes and/or disputes in the context of e-commerce would be an added advantage)
- Experienced in legal and compliance
- Strong team player with good time-management and multitasking skills
The successful Litigation & Compliance Counsel will join a multinational e-commerce/technology company with a strong presence in Malaysia and across Asia. Since its inception, this global business has created a highly profitable business. The culture is fast-paced and demanding, it is highly rewarding if you are looking for an international platform with opportunity to work on contemporary legal issues relating to e-commerce, technology, compliance.
If you are driven, ambitious, and you are up for a challenge as an in-house legal cousel at an MNC, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities and exposure awaits for the Litigation & Compliance Counsel.
Apply now or send me an e-mail at email@example.com to have a confidential discussion on this opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 June 2022A leading and reputable construction company is currently looking for a high-calibre canidate to take on a Company Secretary job in their office based in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 June 2022Due to rapid expansion, a renowned multinational e-commerce/technology company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal Counsel job in their legal team to be based in Kuala Lumpur. This role reports to the General Counsel, Singapore.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022An exciting Legal Counsel job has opened up at an award-winning and fast-growing company which renders transformative digital CX solutions that enable world-leading and disruptive brands to acquire new customers, build customer loyalty, and protect their online communities.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 June 2022One of the region’s leading institutions which offers shariah compliant and flexible financing in asset and equity-based financials and gold investments is now seeking a high-calibre candidate to take on a Legal and Compliance Manager job to lead its business in the next phase of growth.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2022A well-established global services business is recruiting for a Compliance Specialist job. In this job, you will uphold a robust compliance framework that instils/champions a value of delivering with integrity, compliance process efficiencies, data/information transparency, and good governance.