Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Lindy Ho
Job Ref 4MB3B3-30F6DDEA
Date posted 24 May 2023petaling-jaya legal/commercial-law 2023-05-24 2023-07-23 legal Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
One of the region’s leading investments holding/trading company, where its major business encompasses stockbroking, property holding, property development and money lending is now seeking a high-calibre Manager, Legal. In this job, you will support its business in the next phase of growth.
About the Manager, Legal Role:
Reporting to the Group Corporate Resources Director and in consultation with the senior management team, you will have the opportunity to support the legal position of the group of companies in respect of all day-to-day operations and documentation related to legal related matters.
- Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to the board of directors and senior management
- Draft, review and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Liaise, communicate and give direction to external advocates and solicitors acting for or with the company where relevant
- Manage other duties and responsibilities as requested by the board of directors
To succeed in this role, you need to be proactive towards the company’s well-being with a strong understanding of the business and industry, highly organised to ensure proper documentation management as well as an excellent communicator to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A degree in law (LLB) and admitted to the Malaysian bar
- Minimum of three years of PQE
- Candidates who are conversant with Companies Act 2016, CMSA and well versed in commercial litigation, compliance/regulatory issues will be viewed favourably
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
- High degree of integrity, leadership, and management skills
- Ability to respond and communicate efficiently and effectively to stakeholders
This investment holding company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and international coverage, they have won numerous awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution places a high priority on developing their people to world class standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Legal role.
Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me further for a confidential discussion.
Get in touch
+603 2303 7055