Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1887610/001
Date posted 13 February 2023kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2023-02-16 2023-04-14 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
This professional services firm in the business of providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions is keen to onboard a Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific to be part of the Global Privacy Office. In this job, you will provide practical advice on privacy and data protection risks.
About the Privacy Counsel – Asia Pacific Role:
The Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific is responsible for supporting privacy advisory matters which include advising on privacy impact assessments, data breach investigations and managing breach responses within the APAC region.
- Draft, review, and negotiate privacy agreements and data protection terms and language for the client, supplier, and third-party agreements
- Conduct privacy impact assessments and develop solutions that address privacy risks and work collaboratively within the OneTrust system to review initiatives for compliance with privacy laws
- Work with commercial teams to ensure client contracts and agreements with suppliers or third parties comply with all relevant privacy laws
- Advise on data privacy incidents; provide legal counsel on notification obligations, best practices for communication
- Manage regulatory interactions
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with members of the business and work proactively with them to identify, mitigate and address privacy risks
- Work closely with the relevant Asia Pacific stakeholders in assisting business and shared services teams in responding to requests from individuals with common rights under the applicable data protection with respect to their personal information
- Help support projects designed to maintain awareness throughout the organisation of the company’s approach to privacy and commitment to its privacy obligations globally
- Provide regular privacy training and communications to business and shared services teams
- Help support projects designed to maintain privacy compliance
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and analyse existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure understanding and compliance with evolving requirements
To succeed in this Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific role, you should be passionate about privacy and confident in counselling business partners to ensure that business operations are designed, built and maintained in a way that complies with applicable data privacy obligations in their region.
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant experience with a focus on privacy and data protection laws and regulations. Exposure to privacy laws in any of the following jurisdictions are an added advantage: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Macau, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements, especially privacy and data protection provisions and addendums
- CIPP certified, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Experience working with OneTrust is preferred
- Experience with interpreting and implementing privacy programmes
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues, drive projects and earn the confidence of the partners you work with
- Able to work independently but also enjoys being part of a diverse team
The successful Privacy Counsel - Asia Pacific will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field and have the opportunity to navigate a complex organisation with broad services related to risk, retirement, health, reinsurance, and data and analytics in relation to the realm of privacy.
If you enjoy working in an environment which strives for excellence and provide top quality legal and privacy support, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work across the different APAC jurisdictions for wider exposure to develop strong industry knowledge and skill sets.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7056
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 February 2023One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Legal job for their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 March 2023An established mid-sized law firm is seeking a Partner to join its corporate practice group. The firm has grown steadily and significantly since it’s inception and this role is for someone who would like to take their role as a Partner to greater heights.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 March 2023This leading technology enabler providing integrated solutions and services to help businesses across a variety of industries improve performance and profit is now seeking to recruit a high-calibre candidate for a Corporate Legal Counsel job to be based at their Petaling Jaya office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 31 January 2023An exciting AVP/VP, Legal job has just become available in one of the nation's premier investment holding company with an outstanding international reputation based in KL. Reporting directly to the SVP/HOD, Legal, this is a role which provides substantial regional and international exposure.