Senior Manager, Legal
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Kimmy Khoo
Job Ref 1874460/001
Date posted 14 November 2022kuala-lumpur legal/commercial-law 2022-11-15 2023-01-13 legal Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading export houses in Malaysia with diversified business areas - manufacturing, trading and marketing of consumer products as well as shipping and logistics services is currently seeking a high-calibre Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join the headquarters based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Senior Manager, Legal Role:
The Senior Manager, Legal will play a vital role in working with the Managing Director to contribute towards the growth of the group’s businesses with an effective and efficient legal framework, provide legal advice and safeguard interests under Malaysian and international laws.
- Draft and review agreements and legal documentation and advise on liability and risks
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Independently assess fields of law, including competition, privacy and employment, keep up to date with legal developments and ensure compliance with the applicable laws
- Act as legal advisor for Asia and Africa and handle legal issues arising Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE and Africa and independently lead projects within the legal field
- Liaise between company and external lawyers, company secretary, authorities, and regulators and communicate/negotiate with external parties creating relations of trust
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, etc.)
- Monitor and keep track of all litigation and arbitration cases and provide legal assistance and/or advice on court and arbitration procedures and/or liabilities under Malaysian and international law
- Attend court or hearings as and when required and collaborate with upper management to devise efficient litigation/defence strategies
- Specify internal governance policies, regularly monitor compliance, and support the regions in compliance, provide compliance training and ensure that local compliance SOPs are updated
- Attend meetings with the Managing Director and/or Business Unit Heads on various matters and work closely to provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organisation
This Senior Manager, Legal will function as a strategic partner to help business operations and advance business goals and the individual must be able to deal with complex matters and work with multiple stakeholders with integrity and responsibility.
- At least a master's/bachelor's degree in law or equivalent with a preference to those with an additional ICSA qualifications
- Minimum of eight years of PQE and prior experience with multinational corporations and exposure to public listed companies is an advantage, especially in the areas of corporate affairs, maritime and shipping laws
- Able to provide independent advice (verbally and in writing) to senior level management/stakeholders on highly technical matters
- Knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration
- Experienced in company secretarial matters
- Demonstrated success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters and handled arbitration matters locally and internationally
- Availability to travel regionally as and when required
This export house is recognised globally as the leader in their field of expertise. They are committed to perform beyond their customers’ expectations, something which drives their business decisions every day and their relentless focus and discipline as a company has led to solid, long-term performance for their shareholders.
This Senior Manager, Legal role is for you if you are resourceful, independent and able to work with limited resources with excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills with strong persuasive and convincing capabilities.
Apply now or email your CV to email@example.com today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 November 2022Due to ongoing and excellent success and developments, this leading insurance company is seeking a high-calibre and talented Senior Manager, Company Secretarial. In this job, you will join their dynamic secretarial team based in their Kuala Lumpur office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 October 2022One of the leading and reputable conglomerates with diversified business areas and operations is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Legal. In this job, you will join their dynamic legal team based in their Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022A leading and established private equity firm headquartered in Singapore is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal. In this job, you will join the organisation due to expansion.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022A reputable and well-known international insurance company is currently looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Manager, Company Secretary job in their Legal and Corporate Services department.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Legal and Compliance Manager job has opened up at an F&B venture.